What is involved in Agile UX
Find out what the related areas are that Agile UX connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile UX thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile UX journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile UX leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile UX related domains to cover and 172 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile UX, Agile usability engineering, Ad hoc, Agile modeling, Agile software development, Case study, Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System, Conceptual model, End user, Extreme programming, Human-computer interaction, Management system, Methodology, Milestone, Participatory design, Persona, Project, Subject-matter expert, Test driven development, UI design, Usability engineering, User-centered design, User interface:
Agile UX Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Agile UX outcomes and report on developing an effective Agile UX strategy.
– What can you research in iterations 3 and 4 to generate a list of capabilities with goals you can bring to Iteration Zero planning for v2?
– Does it sound like you are in a naturally collaborative environment or one that is very formal?
– What is the minimum work that will give the user incremental value towards their goal?
– What Agile Development technique is best suited to shift the focus on the end-user?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– How Do Practitioners Integrate Usability Engineering in Software Development?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to internal users/testers?
– What modes of operation should be available for the AES algorithm(s)?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– What if I run out of testers and my design still fails?
– How do UXSs, POs, and developers contribute to UX?
– How would you improve cooperation in UX issues?
– Does a look reinforce brand characteristics?
– Planning meetings: Why be involved?
– When do you change the prototype?
– Iteration planning: What is it?
– Iteration zero: What gets done?
– What to communicate?
Agile usability engineering Critical Criteria:
Check Agile usability engineering governance and revise understanding of Agile usability engineering architectures.
– Does Agile UX analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Agile UX requirements in detail?
– What is our Agile UX Strategy?
Ad hoc Critical Criteria:
Model after Ad hoc quality and shift your focus.
– Will Agile UX have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Do we have past Agile UX Successes?
– Is the scope of Agile UX defined?
Agile modeling Critical Criteria:
Examine Agile modeling visions and learn.
– Are assumptions made in Agile UX stated explicitly?
– How do we keep improving Agile UX?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Refer to Agile software development visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Agile software development is getting what it needs.
– In the case of a Agile UX project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Agile UX project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Agile UX project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– How do you know when the software will be finished if theres no up-front plan?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– Has Your Organization Adopted One or More Agile Techniques?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What makes agile better?
Case study Critical Criteria:
Boost Case study leadership and gather practices for scaling Case study.
– What is the source of the strategies for Agile UX strengthening and reform?
Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System decisions and shift your focus.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Agile UX processes?
– In what ways are Agile UX vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– In a project to restructure Agile UX outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Conceptual model Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Conceptual model adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other Conceptual model users.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Agile UX values?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Agile UX ?
End user Critical Criteria:
Start End user issues and research ways can we become the End user company that would put us out of business.
– Does Agile UX include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
– How much does Agile UX help?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Add value to Extreme programming projects and correct better engagement with Extreme programming results.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Agile UX agendas for the next 3 years?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Agile UX?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– Does Agile UX appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Human-computer interaction Critical Criteria:
Group Human-computer interaction results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Human-computer interaction information.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Agile UX process?
– To what extent does management recognize Agile UX as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we know that any Agile UX analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Management system Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Management system visions and probe the present value of growth of Management system.
– With regards to competency management are you looking to build your own competencies, or integrate with a competency library that you already have in place?
– Does we want individuals to be trained to be able to manage the user accounts, curriculum structures, catalog listings, and other administration functions?
– What might we do to further exploit the information gathered by service management systems to reduce customer defections?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– Does using Facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– If you could only have three features in your learning management system what would they be?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– What are our needs in relation to Agile UX skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Funding what, if any, additional funding could be available for this project?
– Can specialized social networks replace learning management systems?
– What are all of our Agile UX domains and what do they do?
– How can an lms enhance the learning environment?
– What are the top online e learning tools for business?
– What is a learning management system?
– What are the best online e learning tools?
– What can an LMS offer us?
– Where is content stored?
Methodology Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Methodology strategies and oversee Methodology requirements.
– How do you take a methodology, like agile development, that basically evolved in small groups and then scale it up so that it works on projects with hundreds of developers and thousands of users?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Agile UX models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are standards for risk assessment methodology established, so risk information can be compared across entities?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Agile UX into the services that we provide?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– Does it include detailed documentation of the methodology so that any aspect of the program can be repeated?
– Are standards for risk assessment methodology established, so risk information can be compared across entities?
– Is the use of CCM destined to become an important and requisite audit methodology best practice?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– What are the pitfalls of rad, and will the methodology truly address the software crisis?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Agile UX leaders?
– Is project/Program Management methodology being followed correctly?
– What is driving the industry to develop the SoC design methodology?
– Methodology: How will risk management be performed on projects?
– Have you adopted a DevOps approach or methodology in your organization?
– What is a methodology?
Milestone Critical Criteria:
Grasp Milestone adoptions and reduce Milestone costs.
– Which customers cant participate in our Agile UX domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Which milestones must blockchain pass before broad adoption would be possible at your organization?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– Can we do Agile UX without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are baselines tied to project milestones?
– Do we all define Agile UX in the same way?
Participatory design Critical Criteria:
Talk about Participatory design results and work towards be a leading Participatory design expert.
– What are the short and long-term Agile UX goals?
Persona Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Persona engagements and find answers.
– Users increasingly demand from web sites the ability to get information that is customized to their interests and needs. Many web sites now tailor their content through the use of architectures designed to support multiple audience types, or through technologies that allow users to profile their personal interests. These kinds of sites demonstrate that their designers are sensitive to the fact the users arent all the same. Besides the influence of users, marketing efforts have driven this trend to a large degree: why present general information to the broadest audience (e.g., trying to sell tobacco products to everyone, including the antismoking activists) when you can target information to prequalified market segments (e.g., selling expensive cigars to yuppies)?
– When sharing data, are appropriate procedures, such as sharing agreements, put in place to ensure that any Personally identifiable information remains strictly confidential and protected from unauthorized disclosure?
– What are the data telling you about your hiring and induction methods, development opportunities, compensation, interpersonal relations, or supervisory leadership?
– Can a customer prevent us from collecting his/her personal data? For example by saying he/she does not want his/her phone number or IP address to be stored by us?
– What support does the IT Security product provide for laptops/notebooks, personal digital assistants (PDA), and IP-based phones?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– Are egress and ingress filters installed on all border routers to prevent impersonation with spoofed ip addresses?
– How is personal interaction intertwined with the management of customer relationships in the project business?
– What about personal data I want to transfer outside the EU or to international organizations?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Scale of processing How much personal data do you process and how sensitive is it?
– Can visitors/customers opt out of sharing their personal information?
– What is Personal Data or Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
– What is in a Personas?
Project Critical Criteria:
Design Project decisions and intervene in Project processes and leadership.
– What makes you think anyone is actually going to follow the new processes after you close up the project and take down the posters?
– How does one find resources for a good project when that is the only project being considered at the meeting?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– Are there other parallel projects that will have an impact on the changes i am managing?
– When is it appropriate to use different discount rates for different projects?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– Are the procurement procedures such that undue delays can be avoided?
– Should a Contract Manager be appointed at the outset of the project?
– Are there any drawbacks to using a responsibility assignment matrix?
– How will you know that the Agile UX project has been successful?
– Are you currently engaged in an it Service Management project?
– How long will the data be kept beyond the life of the project?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– Should a more thorough impact analysis be conducted?
– How Should I Define and Charter a Project?
– Will the Tools Perform Well?
– Where Do Changes Come From?
– Is there any justification?
– How would you measure it?
– What is the project for?
Subject-matter expert Critical Criteria:
Design Subject-matter expert risks and prioritize challenges of Subject-matter expert.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Agile UX process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Agile UX process available?
Test driven development Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Test driven development results and gather Test driven development models .
– What are the long-term Agile UX goals?
– What threat is Agile UX addressing?
UI design Critical Criteria:
Nurse UI design results and innovate what needs to be done with UI design.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Agile UX leader?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Agile UX effort?
– How to Secure Agile UX?
Usability engineering Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Usability engineering strategies and budget for Usability engineering challenges.
– For your Agile UX project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the usability implications of Agile UX actions?
User-centered design Critical Criteria:
Add value to User-centered design tasks and mentor User-centered design customer orientation.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Agile UX?
– Who will provide the final approval of Agile UX deliverables?
– What about Agile UX Analysis of results?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Study User interface planning and spearhead techniques for implementing User interface.
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– How can the value of Agile UX be defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile UX Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile UX External links:
Lean Agile UX
Effective Agile UX Product Development
The Agile UX process – Fidel Vazquez – Medium
Agile usability engineering External links:
Agile usability engineering – kops.uni-konstanz.de
Ad hoc External links:
Ad hoc – Grammarist
Ad Hoc at Home – AbeBooks
[PDF]Ad Hoc Reporting User Guide
https://www.aasconline.org/adhoc/help/Ad Hoc Reporting User Guide.pdf
Agile modeling External links:
Agile Modeling Principles Flashcards | Quizlet
Keys to the Successful Adoption of Agile Modeling – Smartsheet
Agile Modeling with Mind Map and UML | StickyMinds
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development | App Development | Softxpert
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
Mobile Apps, Digital Products, Agile Software Development
Case study External links:
[PDF]Case Study Titles and Descriptions – Feng Shui …
[PDF]Title of case study – Climate change
How to Write a Better Title – a Recipe Book Case Study
Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System External links:
Chrysler Comprehensive Compensation System – …
Conceptual model External links:
Nursing Conceptual Model Essay – 538 Words – StudyMode
A Conceptual Model for Evaluation of Patient Education …
Conceptual Models in a Nutshell – Boxes and Arrows
End user External links:
End User License Agreement
VDI Like a Pro – Passionate about End User Computing
CWPS End User Training Portal – Authentication Required
Human-computer interaction External links:
Re Mago – Human-computer interaction technologies
Human-computer interaction | Human Computer Interaction
Management system External links:
Learning Management System | LMS | Schoology
[PDF]FIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Policies and …
WorkAbility Management System
Methodology External links:
FCSM | Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology
Methodology – Conscious Discipline
Enterprise Sales Methodology | Sales Transformation | Altify
Milestone External links:
My Milestone Rewards
Home Page – Milestone Gold MasterCard
Milestone Retirement Communities Senior Living Facilities
Participatory design External links:
Participatory design | Topics | IIT Institute of Design
Project External links:
Home | Cugnon Project
UI design External links:
Toi – UX/UI design agency based in SF and Austin
User Interface UI design Inspiration – UIDB.io
Bit Finer – UX/UI Design Agency
Usability engineering External links:
CORE | human factors and usability engineering
Usability Engineering | Key Tech
What Is Usability Engineering? – Learn.org
User-centered design External links:
[PDF]Title A user-centered design method for …
[PDF]User-Centered Design – University of Pittsburgh
User-Centered Design Basics | Usability.gov
User interface External links:
Login – Terminal Customer User Interface – Colonial Pipeline
Tabbed User Interface – PDI Communications
Datatel User Interface 5.3