What is involved in Business Analytics Services
Find out what the related areas are that Business Analytics Services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business Analytics Services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Analytics Services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Analytics Services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business Analytics Services related domains to cover and 151 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business Analytics Services, Business analytics, Behavioral analytics, Business analysis, Business analyst, Business intelligence, Business process discovery, Capital One, Cluster analysis, Cohort Analysis, Consumer behavior, Credit risk, Customer dynamics, Customer loyalty, Data analysis, Data mining, Data warehouses, Decision making, Decision support systems, Deere & Company, Descriptive statistics, E & J Gallo Winery, Enterprise optimization, Enterprise resource planning, Financial service, Harrah’s Entertainment, Health care analytics, Information retrieval, Machine learning, Management science, Online analytical processing, Predictive Analytics, Predictive modeling, Predictive modelling, Prescriptive Analytics, Retail sales, Supply Chain, Test and learn:
Business Analytics Services Critical Criteria:
Design Business Analytics Services outcomes and report on developing an effective Business Analytics Services strategy.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business Analytics Services information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Think about the functions involved in your Business Analytics Services project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business Analytics Services opportunities costing us money?
Business analytics Critical Criteria:
Guard Business analytics governance and pioneer acquisition of Business analytics systems.
– What are the key elements of your Business Analytics Services performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is there a mechanism to leverage information for business analytics and optimization?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business Analytics Services activities?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
Behavioral analytics Critical Criteria:
Chat re Behavioral analytics tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Behavioral analytics.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business Analytics Services? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business Analytics Services project?
– What are the long-term Business Analytics Services goals?
Business analysis Critical Criteria:
Trace Business analysis risks and pay attention to the small things.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business Analytics Services processes?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business Analytics Services?
Business analyst Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Business analyst results and change contexts.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business Analytics Services project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business Analytics Services project?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– What business benefits will Business Analytics Services goals deliver if achieved?
– Do business analysts know the cost of feature addition or modification?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Business intelligence governance and describe the risks of Business intelligence sustainability.
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– Are NoSQL databases used primarily for applications or are they used in Business Intelligence use cases as well?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– What are the main differences between a business intelligence team compared to a team of data scientists?
– Does your bi solution require weeks of training before new users can analyze data and publish dashboards?
– What are the approaches to handle RTB related data 100 GB aggregated for business intelligence?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– Does creating or modifying reports or dashboards require a reporting team?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– What BI functionality do we need, and what are we using today?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– How can data extraction from dashboards be automated?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– Is the product accessible from the internet?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– What is your annual maintenance?
Business process discovery Critical Criteria:
Systematize Business process discovery strategies and pioneer acquisition of Business process discovery systems.
– What are the disruptive Business Analytics Services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– In what ways are Business Analytics Services vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is there any existing Business Analytics Services governance structure?
Capital One Critical Criteria:
Analyze Capital One leadership and get the big picture.
– Does Business Analytics Services include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are our needs in relation to Business Analytics Services skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Cluster analysis Critical Criteria:
Trace Cluster analysis engagements and plan concise Cluster analysis education.
– In a project to restructure Business Analytics Services outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Does Business Analytics Services appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What is Effective Business Analytics Services?
Cohort Analysis Critical Criteria:
Jump start Cohort Analysis strategies and define what do we need to start doing with Cohort Analysis.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business Analytics Services in a volatile global economy?
– How much does Business Analytics Services help?
Consumer behavior Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Consumer behavior risks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Consumer behavior projects.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business Analytics Services process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business Analytics Services process available?
– For your Business Analytics Services project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business Analytics Services?
Credit risk Critical Criteria:
Value Credit risk governance and pioneer acquisition of Credit risk systems.
– Is there a Business Analytics Services Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Customer dynamics Critical Criteria:
Adapt Customer dynamics adoptions and report on setting up Customer dynamics without losing ground.
– Do Business Analytics Services rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the barriers to increased Business Analytics Services production?
– Do we all define Business Analytics Services in the same way?
Customer loyalty Critical Criteria:
Use past Customer loyalty projects and look at it backwards.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business Analytics Services, including any consulting or professional services?
– How important is Business Analytics Services to the user organizations mission?
– What differentiates those locations where we have higher customer loyalty?
– What differentiates our locations where we have higher customer loyalty?
– How must our value proposition change to earn greater customer loyalty?
– How does Total Quality Service Effects Toward Customer Loyalty?
– Is a Business Analytics Services Team Work effort in place?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Data analysis strategies and catalog what business benefits will Data analysis goals deliver if achieved.
– Consider your own Business Analytics Services project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business Analytics Services strengthening and reform?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Which Business Analytics Services goals are the most important?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Data mining projects and probe the present value of growth of Data mining.
– Do those selected for the Business Analytics Services team have a good general understanding of what Business Analytics Services is all about?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– Does Business Analytics Services analysis show the relationships among important Business Analytics Services factors?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Data warehouses Critical Criteria:
Categorize Data warehouses goals and secure Data warehouses creativity.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business Analytics Services?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– Who sets the Business Analytics Services standards?
– Are there recognized Business Analytics Services problems?
Decision making Critical Criteria:
Drive Decision making failures and differentiate in coordinating Decision making.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– What kind of processes and tools could serve both the vertical and horizontal analysis and decision making?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business Analytics Services forward?
– Have you identified your Business Analytics Services key performance indicators?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– What role do analysts play in the decision making process?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
– Are there Business Analytics Services problems defined?
Decision support systems Critical Criteria:
Think about Decision support systems planning and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Decision support systems.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business Analytics Services project manager?
– Do we monitor the Business Analytics Services decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How can the value of Business Analytics Services be defined?
Deere & Company Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Deere & Company failures and handle a jump-start course to Deere & Company.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business Analytics Services domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business Analytics Services does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Descriptive statistics Critical Criteria:
Design Descriptive statistics engagements and figure out ways to motivate other Descriptive statistics users.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business Analytics Services delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is our formula for success in Business Analytics Services ?
E & J Gallo Winery Critical Criteria:
Deduce E & J Gallo Winery decisions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential E & J Gallo Winery information.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business Analytics Services strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business Analytics Services values?
Enterprise optimization Critical Criteria:
Start Enterprise optimization quality and integrate design thinking in Enterprise optimization innovation.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business Analytics Services?
– How can you measure Business Analytics Services in a systematic way?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Enterprise resource planning tasks and catalog what business benefits will Enterprise resource planning goals deliver if achieved.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Business Analytics Services requirements in detail?
– Why should we adopt a Business Analytics Services framework?
Financial service Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Financial service risks and point out Financial service tensions in leadership.
– Does our organization need more Business Analytics Services education?
– What are the short and long-term Business Analytics Services goals?
Harrah’s Entertainment Critical Criteria:
Grasp Harrah’s Entertainment risks and explore and align the progress in Harrah’s Entertainment.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business Analytics Services moving forward?
Health care analytics Critical Criteria:
Deduce Health care analytics decisions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Health care analytics.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business Analytics Services workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Information retrieval Critical Criteria:
Meet over Information retrieval results and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Information retrieval.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business Analytics Services effort?
– What are the business goals Business Analytics Services is aiming to achieve?
Machine learning Critical Criteria:
Review Machine learning results and transcribe Machine learning as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are the long-term implications of other disruptive technologies (e.g., machine learning, robotics, data analytics) converging with blockchain development?
– What are our Business Analytics Services Processes?
Management science Critical Criteria:
Discuss Management science governance and improve Management science service perception.
– Have all basic functions of Business Analytics Services been defined?
Online analytical processing Critical Criteria:
Scan Online analytical processing results and budget for Online analytical processing challenges.
– How to deal with Business Analytics Services Changes?
Predictive Analytics Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Predictive Analytics management and create Predictive Analytics explanations for all managers.
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
Predictive modeling Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Predictive modeling engagements and handle a jump-start course to Predictive modeling.
– What is the purpose of Business Analytics Services in relation to the mission?
– Are you currently using predictive modeling to drive results?
Predictive modelling Critical Criteria:
Sort Predictive modelling visions and finalize the present value of growth of Predictive modelling.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business Analytics Services project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are accountability and ownership for Business Analytics Services clearly defined?
Prescriptive Analytics Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Prescriptive Analytics issues and do something to it.
– Is the Business Analytics Services organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Retail sales Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Retail sales visions and describe which business rules are needed as Retail sales interface.
– Does Business Analytics Services systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we Lead with Business Analytics Services in Mind?
– How do we keep improving Business Analytics Services?
Supply Chain Critical Criteria:
Chat re Supply Chain failures and create a map for yourself.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– How is the complex digital supply chain -where multiple downstream providers provide services for each other and data residence and transmission points are increasingly obscure -being dealt with from an audit perspective?
– Now that organizations have fine-tuned human performance, supply chain, operations, processes, cycle time, and other targeted areas, how can they continue to improve performance?
– There is a need to determine where value is added in the supply chain what are the expectations of each stakeholder in the supply chain?
– To change the nature of the relationship in the supply chain where should we go and what leverage opportunity could be applied?
– Does Supply Chain Integration Mediate the Relationships between Product/Process Strategy and Service Performance?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business Analytics Services that make it risky?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Do any suppliers in the supply chain have a dominating position?
– What and where are the value changes in the supply chain?
– What is our current position within our supply chain?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
– In HW, SW & Services we source from a global supply chain?
– What does the supply chain do with product data?
Test and learn Critical Criteria:
See the value of Test and learn engagements and get out your magnifying glass.
– To what extent does management recognize Business Analytics Services as a tool to increase the results?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Analytics Services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business Analytics Services External links:
Worldwide Business Analytics Services Forecast, …
Our Business Analytics Services – AMA
Wireless Business Analytics Services & Solutions – …
Business analytics External links:
Advanced Business Analytics | Coursera
Business Analytics | Coursera
Behavioral analytics External links:
Fortscale | Behavioral Analytics for Everyone
Niara | No Compromise Behavioral Analytics
Behavioral Analytics | Interana
Business analysis External links:
International Institute of Business Analysis – Official Site
Business analysis (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Business analyst External links:
Title Business Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business Analyst Jobs | Glassdoor
Business Analyst Training – Business Analyst Training
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
Business process discovery External links:
Preparing for Business Process Discovery (Free) | …
[PDF]Business Process Discovery – Cesare Pautasso
British Library EThOS: Business process discovery …
Capital One External links:
Capital One – Official Site
Capital One – Free Credit Score & Report Check with …
Capital One | Union Square
Cluster analysis External links:
[PDF]Cluster Analysis: Basic Concepts and Algorithms
How to do a cluster analysis of data in Excel – Updated 2017
Cluster Analysis vs. Market Segmentation – BIsolutions
Cohort Analysis External links:
Idarucizumab for Dabigatran Reversal — Full Cohort Analysis
Cohort Analysis with Tableau | Waterloo Data
What Is Cohort Analysis? – Software Advice
Consumer behavior External links:
Consumer behavior (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Chapter 9 Consumer Behavior Flashcards | Quizlet
Consumer behavior (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Credit risk External links:
Leader in Credit Risk Analytics – CreditEdge.com
Reduce Credit Risk with help from Experian.com
Small Business Solutions | Credit Risk Management – TransUnion
Customer dynamics External links:
Customer Dynamics™ Members (Almere, Netherlands) | Meetup
Customer loyalty External links:
Tractor Supply Company Customer Loyalty Survey – …
Mazzio’s Customer Loyalty Index Survey – Welcome
Customer Loyalty | Beyond Philosophy
Data analysis External links:
Research and Data Analysis | DSHS
Regional Data Warehouse/Data Analysis Site
Data Analysis in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Data mining External links:
[PDF]Project Title: Data Mining to Improve Water Management
Title Data Mining Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Mining (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Data warehouses External links:
Data Warehouses: Next Generation vs. Legacy | IT@UMN
data warehouses – Wiktionary
[DOC]Chapter 03 Databases and Data Warehouses: …
Decision making External links:
Effective Decision Making | SkillsYouNeed
Essays on decision making – Rutgers University
Decision support systems External links:
Decision Support Systems – Journal – Elsevier
Descriptive statistics External links:
Descriptive Statistics – Investopedia
[DOC]Descriptive statistics for measurements of a single …
Descriptive Statistics Essays – ManyEssays.com
Enterprise optimization External links:
Healthcare Enterprise Optimization | CGI.com
Dairy Margin Tracker – Dairy Enterprise Optimization …
Enterprise Optimization | Use Cases
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning
Enterprise resource planning: Implementation …
Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP – Investopedia
Financial service External links:
Wealth Management and Financial Services from Merrill Lynch
Worth Financial Service
Harrah’s Entertainment External links:
Harrah’s Entertainment Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Information retrieval External links:
Past Performance Information Retrieval System (PPIRS)
SIR: Stored Information Retrieval
Information Retrieval – RMIT University
Machine learning External links:
Google Cloud Machine Learning at Scale | Google Cloud …
DataRobot – Automated Machine Learning for Predictive …
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
Management science External links:
Management Science and Information Systems
Management Science Flashcards | Quizlet
Management Science and Engineering
Online analytical processing External links:
Working with Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
Predictive Analytics External links:
Inventory Optimization for Retail | Predictive Analytics
Predictive Analytics Software, Social Listening | NewBrand
Predictive Analytics for Healthcare | Forecast Health
Predictive modeling External links:
What is predictive modeling? – Definition from WhatIs.com
DataRobot – Automated Machine Learning for Predictive Modeling
Prescriptive Analytics External links:
Healthcare Prescriptive Analytics – Cedar Gate …
Retail sales External links:
Title Retail Sales Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Retail sales tax – dor.wa.gov
Log In | Retail Sales Academy