What is involved in Business Transformation
Find out what the related areas are that Business Transformation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business Transformation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Transformation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Transformation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business Transformation related domains to cover and 90 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business Transformation, British Airways, Business Process Reengineering, Commerce, Cost-cutting, Customer satisfaction, General Motors, Management, Market environment, Market share, Revenue, Vision:
Business Transformation Critical Criteria:
X-ray Business Transformation projects and create a map for yourself.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business Transformation leaders?
– What are the barriers to increased Business Transformation production?
– Is Business Transformation Required?
British Airways Critical Criteria:
Mine British Airways risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in British Airways because they lack skills.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Business Transformation ?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business Transformation?
– What is our Business Transformation Strategy?
Business Process Reengineering Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Business Process Reengineering visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Business Process Reengineering.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business Transformation. How do we gain traction?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– What is Effective Business Transformation?
Commerce Critical Criteria:
Steer Commerce adoptions and check on ways to get started with Commerce.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– How you manage your Shipment Tracking in eCommerce through the SAP Business One SAP B1?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business Transformation project?
– How does B2B eCommerce affect our selection of the right type of relationship?
– What is the purpose of Business Transformation in relation to the mission?
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– How is the value delivered by Business Transformation being measured?
– What erp systems are ecommerce companies using?
Cost-cutting Critical Criteria:
Refer to Cost-cutting governance and gather Cost-cutting models .
– Do we monitor the Business Transformation decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are the short and long-term Business Transformation goals?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Customer satisfaction planning and devise Customer satisfaction key steps.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Which customers cant participate in our Business Transformation domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– Is there any existing Business Transformation governance structure?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot General Motors tasks and customize techniques for implementing General Motors controls.
– What is the source of the strategies for Business Transformation strengthening and reform?
– Which Business Transformation goals are the most important?
Management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Management tactics and arbitrate Management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How will lineage/provenance of some or all of your data be documented (e.g., processing steps executed on raw source data)?
– Are basic time management techniques being used to ensure that the implementation process is efficient?
– With Risk Assessments do we measure if Is there an impact to technical performance and to what level?
– How will the repository monitor access to ensure that restrictions are being enforced?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requirements documents available and current?
– If processes are manual, what orientation or training have administrators received?
– Do we have sufficient internal security leadership to implement programs?
– What is the primary purpose of conducting an evaluation of this program?
– What circumstances or criteria does the program require to operate?
– Have Score Cards and SLA s with your Critical Preferred Vendors?
– How will these cultures be introduced within the community, virtually?
– Do you manage a formal Issue/Opportunity tracker process?
– What skills and resources can the target group offer?
– How will the metadata be associated with the data?
– Are there any drop dead start or go-dead dates?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– Is there the right balance of projects?
– Are hybrid clouds in our future?
Market environment Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Market environment outcomes and devise Market environment key steps.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business Transformation strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Market share Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Market share quality and improve Market share service perception.
– Are the calculated sales volumes realistic, taking into account the competitive position, realistic market share, importance of customer problem/pain and stage/maturity of customer needs?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business Transformation strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Have you identified your Business Transformation key performance indicators?
– Is Supporting Business Transformation documentation required?
– What drives market share?
Revenue Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Revenue strategies and handle a jump-start course to Revenue.
– Will our actions, process, program or procedure result in the loss of revenue, workforce downtime, litigation, or increased resource expenditure?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Business Transformation into the services that we provide?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– Are you taking your company in the direction of better and revenue or cheaper and cost?
– How well are the companys assets being employed to generate sales revenue?
– Are you achieving the sales revenue per channel partner that you expect?
– What are some of the ways CRM increases our companys revenues?
– Will revenues from increase in service offset added costs?
– Is revenue recognition aggressive or conservative?
– Who needs to know about Business Transformation ?
– Are there recognized Business Transformation problems?
– When should the revenue be recognized?
– How does the firm measure revenues?
– What was revenue for the year?
Vision Critical Criteria:
Derive from Vision strategies and adjust implementation of Vision.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– Has your company conducted a Cybersecurity evaluation of key assets in concert with the National Cyber Security Division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?
– Have the cis and the exact version or revision that constitutes a particular baseline (documents, source code, problem reports and change documents) been identified?
– Are the SaaS provider capabilities sufficient to automate user provisioning and life cycle management without implementing a custom solution for the SaaS service?
– How does a discourse community emerge to launch an organizing vision for an IT innovation before it becomes fashionable or institutionalized?
– Which cloud deployment model enables to provisioning the cloud infrastructure for exclusive use by organizations that have shared concerns?
– How can I automatically provision user accounts with cloud services and automate the process of provisoning and deprovisioning?
– Describe your strategic service vision both internal and external. Have you created a breakthrough service?
– What is our strategic service vision both internal and external. Have we created a breakthrough service?
– How can I provision user accounts with appropriate privileges and manage entitlements for my users?
– Are there any provisions in place for auditing the recipients use of the information?
– Provisioning How is access granted, monitored, and removed within the environment?
– How is this related to the agencys vision, mission, values, and strategy?
– Are currently approved revisions of documents being used?
– Ca Employees of our cloud provider access the assets?
– How well did we reinforce our vision with each other?
– How Do Goals Fit Our Vision?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Transformation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business Transformation External links:
Business Transformation Consultant Jobs, …
Office of Business Transformation
British Airways External links:
Executive Club | British Airways
British Airways Visa Signature® Credit Card – Chase Bank
Live British Airways Flight Status FlightAware
Business Process Reengineering External links:
Job: BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING | Master …
BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING: Essays
Customer satisfaction External links:
Customer Satisfaction: Surveys, Questions & Templates
Big Lots! Customer Satisfaction Survey
Giant Eagle Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
General Motors External links:
General Motors Company Common Stock (GM) – NASDAQ.com
Future Vehicles | General Motors
Management External links:
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle Solutions
Motor Vehicle Title Management – Lien Solutions
Title Management | Login
Market share External links:
Title Market Share
Market Share | Title Data
California Insurance Market Share Reports
http://www.insurance.ca.gov › … › Company and Agent/Broker Information
Revenue External links:
Arizona Department of Revenue – AZDOR
Georgia Department of Revenue – Official Site
SC Department of Revenue
Vision External links:
Eye Care – Insight Vision
InSite Vision Incorporated – Product Portfolio
Home – Insight | Vision