What is involved in Computational biology
Find out what the related areas are that Computational biology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Computational biology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Computational biology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Computational biology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Computational biology related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Computational biology, Pure mathematics, Shape statistics, Computer vision, Computer simulation, National Center for Biotechnology Information, Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, Scientific visualization, Basic Local Alignment Search Tool, European Nucleotide Archive, Magnetic resonance imaging, Biological computation, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Modelling biological systems, Network biology, Population growth, PLOS Computational Biology, Artificial intelligence, Molecular phylogenetics, Information science, Open source software, Computational neuroscience, National Institutes of Health, Molecular modeling, Change of basis, Computational history, Protein Information Resource, Pharmaceutical industry, Molecular biology, Zebrafish Information Network, Mathematical and theoretical biology, Geometric mechanics, Applied mathematics, Saccharomyces Genome Database, Sequence alignment, ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics, European Bioinformatics Institute, Research in Computational Molecular Biology, European Conference on Computational Biology, Computational anatomy, Broad Institute, Rigid bodies, Computer engineering, Transmission medium, Synthetic biology, Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology, Computational linguistics, Medical imaging, On Growth and Form, PubMed Central, Pattern Theory, International Society for Computational Biology, Ulf Grenander:
Computational biology Critical Criteria:
Scan Computational biology quality and change contexts.
– How do we know that any Computational biology analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is a Computational biology Team Work effort in place?
– What threat is Computational biology addressing?
Pure mathematics Critical Criteria:
Understand Pure mathematics tasks and find out what it really means.
– How can you negotiate Computational biology successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the long-term Computational biology goals?
Shape statistics Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Shape statistics planning and arbitrate Shape statistics techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Computational biology processes?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Computational biology delivery for example is new software needed?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Computational biology activities?
Computer vision Critical Criteria:
Grasp Computer vision decisions and ask questions.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Computational biology project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Computational biology objectives?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Computational biology moving forward?
Computer simulation Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Computer simulation management and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Computer simulation.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Computational biology process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Computational biology process available?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Computational biology processes of our organization?
– Who sets the Computational biology standards?
National Center for Biotechnology Information Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate National Center for Biotechnology Information outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential National Center for Biotechnology Information information.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Computational biology services/products?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Computational biology?
– Are we Assessing Computational biology and Risk?
Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing results and question.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Computational biology leader?
Scientific visualization Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Scientific visualization issues and gather practices for scaling Scientific visualization.
– Can we add value to the current Computational biology decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Computational biology goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What vendors make products that address the Computational biology needs?
Basic Local Alignment Search Tool Critical Criteria:
Investigate Basic Local Alignment Search Tool goals and sort Basic Local Alignment Search Tool activities.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Computational biology, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are our needs in relation to Computational biology skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we go about Comparing Computational biology approaches/solutions?
European Nucleotide Archive Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on European Nucleotide Archive management and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential European Nucleotide Archive information.
– Do we monitor the Computational biology decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How can we improve Computational biology?
Magnetic resonance imaging Critical Criteria:
Track Magnetic resonance imaging goals and forecast involvement of future Magnetic resonance imaging projects in development.
– Who will provide the final approval of Computational biology deliverables?
– Have all basic functions of Computational biology been defined?
Biological computation Critical Criteria:
Discourse Biological computation engagements and get going.
– Is Computational biology Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Do we have past Computational biology Successes?
– How do we keep improving Computational biology?
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute Critical Criteria:
Dissect Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute goals and change contexts.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Computational biology workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Computational biology analysis show the relationships among important Computational biology factors?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Computational biology project?
Modelling biological systems Critical Criteria:
Talk about Modelling biological systems strategies and intervene in Modelling biological systems processes and leadership.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Computational biology objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– In what ways are Computational biology vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Network biology Critical Criteria:
Apply Network biology tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Network biology.
– Does Computational biology include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we measure improved Computational biology service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are assumptions made in Computational biology stated explicitly?
Population growth Critical Criteria:
Unify Population growth engagements and shift your focus.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Computational biology opportunities costing us money?
PLOS Computational Biology Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize PLOS Computational Biology issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding PLOS Computational Biology.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Computational biology process?
– Why should we adopt a Computational biology framework?
Artificial intelligence Critical Criteria:
Jump start Artificial intelligence results and revise understanding of Artificial intelligence architectures.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Computational biology processes?
Molecular phylogenetics Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Molecular phylogenetics risks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Molecular phylogenetics is getting what it needs.
– To what extent does management recognize Computational biology as a tool to increase the results?
– When a Computational biology manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Information science Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Information science tactics and get answers.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Computational biology leaders?
– How would one define Computational biology leadership?
Open source software Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Open source software engagements and correct Open source software management by competencies.
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
Computational neuroscience Critical Criteria:
Learn from Computational neuroscience goals and point out Computational neuroscience tensions in leadership.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Computational biology? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How likely is the current Computational biology plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is the scope of Computational biology defined?
National Institutes of Health Critical Criteria:
Study National Institutes of Health decisions and stake your claim.
– How to deal with Computational biology Changes?
Molecular modeling Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Molecular modeling projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Molecular modeling.
– How do we manage Computational biology Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are the usability implications of Computational biology actions?
– How to Secure Computational biology?
Change of basis Critical Criteria:
Probe Change of basis outcomes and track iterative Change of basis results.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Computational biology processes?
Computational history Critical Criteria:
Detail Computational history projects and shift your focus.
Protein Information Resource Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Protein Information Resource adoptions and proactively manage Protein Information Resource risks.
– Will Computational biology have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Pharmaceutical industry Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Pharmaceutical industry decisions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Pharmaceutical industry projects.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Computational biology project?
– How will you know that the Computational biology project has been successful?
– Are there Computational biology problems defined?
Molecular biology Critical Criteria:
Mix Molecular biology leadership and oversee implementation of Molecular biology.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Computational biology Management?
– How do we go about Securing Computational biology?
Zebrafish Information Network Critical Criteria:
Mix Zebrafish Information Network issues and create Zebrafish Information Network explanations for all managers.
– Do those selected for the Computational biology team have a good general understanding of what Computational biology is all about?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Computational biology forward?
Mathematical and theoretical biology Critical Criteria:
Guard Mathematical and theoretical biology decisions and do something to it.
– In the case of a Computational biology project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Computational biology project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Computational biology project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Geometric mechanics Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Geometric mechanics governance and research ways can we become the Geometric mechanics company that would put us out of business.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Computational biology information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Computational biology ?
Applied mathematics Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Applied mathematics outcomes and plan concise Applied mathematics education.
– what is the best design framework for Computational biology organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Does our organization need more Computational biology education?
– Is Supporting Computational biology documentation required?
Saccharomyces Genome Database Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Saccharomyces Genome Database tasks and correct better engagement with Saccharomyces Genome Database results.
– Does Computational biology create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are there Computational biology Models?
Sequence alignment Critical Criteria:
Match Sequence alignment risks and devote time assessing Sequence alignment and its risk.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Computational biology into the services that we provide?
– How do we Improve Computational biology service perception, and satisfaction?
ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics outcomes and assess and formulate effective operational and ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics strategies.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Computational biology in a volatile global economy?
European Bioinformatics Institute Critical Criteria:
Inquire about European Bioinformatics Institute quality and perfect European Bioinformatics Institute conflict management.
– How will you measure your Computational biology effectiveness?
Research in Computational Molecular Biology Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Research in Computational Molecular Biology goals and attract Research in Computational Molecular Biology skills.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Computational biology strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Computational biology effort?
European Conference on Computational Biology Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase European Conference on Computational Biology decisions and do something to it.
– Think of your Computational biology project. what are the main functions?
– Why are Computational biology skills important?
Computational anatomy Critical Criteria:
Shape Computational anatomy results and probe Computational anatomy strategic alliances.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Computational biology products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Computational biology agendas for the next 3 years?
Broad Institute Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Broad Institute decisions and describe the risks of Broad Institute sustainability.
Rigid bodies Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Rigid bodies issues and adjust implementation of Rigid bodies.
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Trace Computer engineering quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Computer engineering.
– Does the Computational biology task fit the clients priorities?
Transmission medium Critical Criteria:
Participate in Transmission medium risks and look for lots of ideas.
– Do the Computational biology decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Synthetic biology Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Synthetic biology planning and cater for concise Synthetic biology education.
– What are internal and external Computational biology relations?
Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology Critical Criteria:
Frame Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology risks and summarize a clear Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology focus.
– Which Computational biology goals are the most important?
Computational linguistics Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Computational linguistics leadership and tour deciding if Computational linguistics progress is made.
– What are specific Computational biology Rules to follow?
– What are current Computational biology Paradigms?
Medical imaging Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Medical imaging adoptions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Medical imaging.
– What business benefits will Computational biology goals deliver if achieved?
On Growth and Form Critical Criteria:
Prioritize On Growth and Form tactics and ask what if.
– What is the purpose of Computational biology in relation to the mission?
PubMed Central Critical Criteria:
Graph PubMed Central leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and PubMed Central strategies.
– Have you identified your Computational biology key performance indicators?
Pattern Theory Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Pattern Theory adoptions and raise human resource and employment practices for Pattern Theory.
International Society for Computational Biology Critical Criteria:
Huddle over International Society for Computational Biology goals and report on developing an effective International Society for Computational Biology strategy.
– Is maximizing Computational biology protection the same as minimizing Computational biology loss?
Ulf Grenander Critical Criteria:
See the value of Ulf Grenander engagements and ask what if.
– How important is Computational biology to the user organizations mission?
– Do we all define Computational biology in the same way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Computational biology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Computational biology External links:
PLOS Computational Biology: A Peer-Reviewed Open …
Computational Biology Books – Steven E. Brenner
Computational biology (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Pure mathematics External links:
Course Pure Mathematics – AbeBooks
Pure Mathematics – University of Nevada, Reno
Pure mathematics (Book, 1974) [WorldCat.org]
Shape statistics External links:
Body Weight and Shape Statistics – Mattress Clarity
Computer vision External links:
Sighthound – Industry Leading Computer Vision
Photogrammetric Computer Vision
Computer simulation External links:
Computer Simulation and Game Development | …
Are We Living Inside a Computer Simulation? – Snopes.com
10 Reasons Life May Be A Computer Simulation – Listverse
National Center for Biotechnology Information External links:
National Center for Biotechnology Information
Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing External links:
Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing 2017
[PDF]Pacific Symposium On Biocomputing 2012 PDF …
[PDF]Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing 2017 DEEP …
Scientific visualization External links:
Home – NASA Scientific Visualization Studio
Multimedia: Scientific Visualization, Seeing the …
Radius Digital Science – Scientific Visualization
Basic Local Alignment Search Tool External links:
Basic local alignment search tool | Computational …
BLAST: Basic Local Alignment Search Tool
[PPT]BLAST: Basic Local Alignment Search Tool
European Nucleotide Archive External links:
european nucleotide archive Posts – biostars
https://www.biostars.org/t/european nucleotide archive
European Nucleotide Archive · GitHub
European Nucleotide Archive < EMBL-EBI https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena
Magnetic resonance imaging External links:
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – WebMD
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) – Massachusetts …
Magnetic Resonance Imaging – Siemens Healthineers …
Biological computation External links:
Biological computation (Book, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Biological Computation – Microsoft Research
CiteSeerX — Biological Computation is Universal
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute External links:
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute – Home | Facebook
Modelling biological systems External links:
Tools for Modelling Biological Systems with CellML.
Network biology External links:
Integrative Network Biology – Medical Research
Integrative Network Biology Group – Medical Research
Workshop 1: Network Biology: Understanding metabolic …
PLOS Computational Biology External links:
PLOS Computational Biology: A Peer-Reviewed Open …
PLoS computational biology | ROAD
PLOS Computational Biology: A Peer-Reviewed Open …
Artificial intelligence External links:
Intel Artificial Intelligence – Accelerating AI Today
http://Ad · www.intel.com/AI
Intel Artificial Intelligence – Accelerating AI Today
http://Ad · www.intel.com/AI
Molecular phylogenetics External links:
[PDF]Molecular phylogenetics and historical …
http://Molecular phylogenetics /mɵˈlɛkjʉlər ˌfaɪlɵdʒɨˈnɛtɨks/ is the branch of phylogeny that analyses hereditary molecular differences, mainly in DNA sequences, to gain information on an organism’s evolutionary relationships. The result of a molecular phylogenetic analysis is expressed in a phylogenetic tree.
[PDF]Molecular Phylogenetics – USF
Information science External links:
Computer & Information Science & Engineering …
UO Computer and Information Science Department – …
School of Information Science
Open source software External links:
Free and Open Source Software | UConn Software Catalog
How reusable is open source software? – 18F
Moodle • Open Source Software for Online Learning
Computational neuroscience External links:
History of Computational Neuroscience at Boston University
CiteSeerX — Computational Neuroscience
Computational Neuroscience Undergraduate Curriculum
National Institutes of Health External links:
[PDF]NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH
National Library of Medicine – National Institutes of Health
[PDF]National Institutes of Health
Molecular modeling External links:
Molecular Modeling Postlab Flashcards | Quizlet
Home – Cyrus Biotech | Molecular Modeling and Design
Journal of Molecular Modeling – Springer
Change of basis External links:
Change of Basis – HMC Calculus Tutorial
Protein Information Resource External links:
Cathy H. Wu, Ph.D. [PIR – Protein Information Resource]
[PDF]The Protein Information Resource (PIR)
Text Search [PIR – Protein Information Resource]
Pharmaceutical industry External links:
Pharmaceutical Industry by Microsoft
Rutgers Pharmaceutical Industry Program
Molecular biology External links:
Molecular biology (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Molecular biology (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
http://Molecular biology /məˈlɛkjʊlər/ concerns the molecular basis of biological activity between biomolecules in the various systems of a cell, including the interactions between DNA, RNA and proteins and their biosynthesis, as well as the regulation of these interactions.
Zebrafish Information Network External links:
Zebrafish Information Network – Official Site
Zebrafish Information Network (ZFIN): the zebrafish …
Mathematical and theoretical biology External links:
European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology
Geometric mechanics External links:
Applied Geometric Mechanics – Google Sites
[1206.3302] A Primer on Geometric Mechanics – arXiv
[PDF]Geometric Mechanics of Periodic Pleated Origami
Applied mathematics External links:
[PDF]Applied Mathematics Major
Applied Mathematics – AbeBooks
Applied mathematics (Book, 1974) [WorldCat.org]
Saccharomyces Genome Database External links:
Saccharomyces Genome Database | Cherry Lab
Saccharomyces Genome Database – YouTube
Saccharomyces Genome Database: the genomics …
Sequence alignment External links:
BioEdit Sequence Alignment Editor for Windows …
Clustal Omega < Multiple Sequence Alignment < EMBL-EBI https://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/msa/clustalo
Multiple Sequence Alignment – CLUSTALW – Top SEO Stats
ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics External links:
Iscb Africa Asbcb Conference on Bioinformatics – 10times
ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics (Mar …
ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics and …
European Bioinformatics Institute External links:
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) – Home | Facebook
The European Bioinformatics Institute < EMBL-EBI https://www.ebi.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute Drives Innovation | …
Research in Computational Molecular Biology External links:
Research in Computational Molecular Biology: 17th …
European Conference on Computational Biology External links:
ECCB – European Conference on Computational Biology
Computational anatomy External links:
[PPT]Computational Anatomy & Multidimensional Modeling
Broad Institute External links:
Broad Institute – Official Site
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard – SlideRoom
Broad Institute, Best Companies | Working Mother
Rigid bodies External links:
[PDF]Chapter 3: Rigid Bodies; Equivalent Systems of forces
Mechanical Engineering: Rigid Bodies & Sys of Forces (1 …
Computer engineering External links:
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering (NDSU)
Electrical & Computer Engineering | College of Engineering
Transmission medium External links:
PE-4 – ACCESS CONTROL FOR TRANSMISSION MEDIUM …
Synthetic biology External links:
Semiconductor Synthetic Biology for Information …
Computational linguistics External links:
Computational linguistics | ROAD
Title: Computational Linguistics
Course Descriptions | UW Computational Linguistics …
Medical imaging External links:
Touchstone Medical Imaging – Touchstone Medical Imaging
On Growth and Form External links:
Centenary Conference | On Growth and Form
On Growth and Form | On Growth and Form 100
On Growth and Form – Internet Archive
PubMed Central External links:
PubMed Tutorial – Getting the Articles – PubMed Central
PubMed Central | Rutgers University Libraries
Need Images? Try PubMed Central | HSLS Update
Pattern Theory External links:
Pattern Theory | pattern theory – Brown University
International Society for Computational Biology External links:
International Society for Computational Biology – Official …
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY …
Ulf Grenander External links:
Ulf Grenander (Author of Pattern Theory) – Goodreads