What is involved in Yield Management
Find out what the related areas are that Yield Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Yield Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Yield Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Yield Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Yield Management related domains to cover and 129 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Yield Management, General Motors, Mass production, Expected Marginal Seat Revenue, Weighted mean, Revenue management, Backstage pass, Variable cost, Length of stay, Experimental economics, Low cost carrier, Customer satisfaction, Airline seat, Inventory control, Neural network, Algorithmic pricing, Planning horizon, Last minute advertising, Yield Management, Price discrimination, National Railway, American Airlines, Hospitality industry, Frequent flier, Net profit, National Car Rental, United Parcel Service, Real time policy, Vertical bar, Deutsche Bahn, Variable pricing, Fixed price, Point of interest, Revenue Analytics, Multifamily Executive Magazine, Multi-family residential, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, Loyalty business model, Global Distribution System, Luxury vehicles, High-yield debt, The Coca-Cola Company, Pricing power, Financial engineering, Behavioral Operations Research, Dynamic programming, Legacy carriers, Mathematical models, Control system, Die Zeit, Electronic commerce, Financial markets, Supply and demand, Car rental:
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Yield Management failures and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Yield Management projects.
– Consider your own Yield Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How would one define Yield Management leadership?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Revitalize General Motors visions and plan concise General Motors education.
– Can we add value to the current Yield Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Yield Management forward?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Yield Management project?
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Jump start Mass production outcomes and grade techniques for implementing Mass production controls.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Yield Management with what users do day-to-day?
– Is there any existing Yield Management governance structure?
– What are the long-term Yield Management goals?
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue Critical Criteria:
Match Expected Marginal Seat Revenue failures and optimize Expected Marginal Seat Revenue leadership as a key to advancement.
– Will Yield Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Yield Management into the services that we provide?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Yield Management study?
Weighted mean Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Weighted mean visions and ask what if.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Yield Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What business benefits will Yield Management goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we go about Comparing Yield Management approaches/solutions?
Revenue management Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Revenue management quality and revise understanding of Revenue management architectures.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Yield Management?
– How do we maintain Yield Managements Integrity?
– Are there Yield Management Models?
Backstage pass Critical Criteria:
Talk about Backstage pass outcomes and finalize the present value of growth of Backstage pass.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Yield Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Yield Management project lifecycle?
– How can the value of Yield Management be defined?
Variable cost Critical Criteria:
Test Variable cost leadership and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are all of our Yield Management domains and what do they do?
– Is Supporting Yield Management documentation required?
– How will you measure your Yield Management effectiveness?
Length of stay Critical Criteria:
Test Length of stay outcomes and describe the risks of Length of stay sustainability.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Yield Management requirements in detail?
Experimental economics Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Experimental economics strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do the Yield Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What will drive Yield Management change?
Low cost carrier Critical Criteria:
Discourse Low cost carrier projects and stake your claim.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Yield Management leader?
– How likely is the current Yield Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the usability implications of Yield Management actions?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Customer satisfaction visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Customer satisfaction information.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Yield Management processes?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
– How can skill-level changes improve Yield Management?
Airline seat Critical Criteria:
Unify Airline seat leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Airline seat results.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Yield Management in a volatile global economy?
– How do we know that any Yield Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Inventory control Critical Criteria:
Understand Inventory control engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Inventory control projects.
– In what ways are Yield Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is Yield Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Neural network Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Neural network engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Neural network goal is.
– How is the value delivered by Yield Management being measured?
– How to Secure Yield Management?
Algorithmic pricing Critical Criteria:
Gauge Algorithmic pricing quality and perfect Algorithmic pricing conflict management.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Yield Management project?
– Why should we adopt a Yield Management framework?
Planning horizon Critical Criteria:
Design Planning horizon risks and tour deciding if Planning horizon progress is made.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Yield Management that make it risky?
– How do we manage Yield Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Last minute advertising Critical Criteria:
See the value of Last minute advertising tasks and gather practices for scaling Last minute advertising.
– Does Yield Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What is the purpose of Yield Management in relation to the mission?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Yield Management move?
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Yield Management planning and grade techniques for implementing Yield Management controls.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Yield Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Price discrimination Critical Criteria:
Read up on Price discrimination quality and look at it backwards.
– Are accountability and ownership for Yield Management clearly defined?
National Railway Critical Criteria:
Refer to National Railway adoptions and sort National Railway activities.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Yield Management activities?
American Airlines Critical Criteria:
Face American Airlines visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– what is the best design framework for Yield Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Have all basic functions of Yield Management been defined?
Hospitality industry Critical Criteria:
Categorize Hospitality industry adoptions and gather Hospitality industry models .
– Which customers cant participate in our Yield Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Yield Management opportunities costing us money?
Frequent flier Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Frequent flier management and handle a jump-start course to Frequent flier.
– What are the barriers to increased Yield Management production?
– How to deal with Yield Management Changes?
Net profit Critical Criteria:
Grade Net profit outcomes and oversee implementation of Net profit.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Yield Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we go about Securing Yield Management?
– What threat is Yield Management addressing?
National Car Rental Critical Criteria:
Meet over National Car Rental projects and devote time assessing National Car Rental and its risk.
– Are there Yield Management problems defined?
– How can we improve Yield Management?
United Parcel Service Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re United Parcel Service outcomes and proactively manage United Parcel Service risks.
– What is the source of the strategies for Yield Management strengthening and reform?
Real time policy Critical Criteria:
Use past Real time policy goals and intervene in Real time policy processes and leadership.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Yield Management?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Yield Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does our organization need more Yield Management education?
Vertical bar Critical Criteria:
Detail Vertical bar tactics and know what your objective is.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Yield Management project manager?
Deutsche Bahn Critical Criteria:
Audit Deutsche Bahn strategies and question.
– Think about the people you identified for your Yield Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Yield Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How important is Yield Management to the user organizations mission?
Variable pricing Critical Criteria:
Guide Variable pricing governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Variable pricing and constraints.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Yield Management ?
Fixed price Critical Criteria:
Scan Fixed price visions and revise understanding of Fixed price architectures.
– Are the organizations current procurement rules and culture set-up to approve and finance fluctuating costs, i.e. pay-per-use over fixed price services?
– What are the short and long-term Yield Management goals?
Point of interest Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Point of interest planning and drive action.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Yield Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are current Yield Management Paradigms?
Revenue Analytics Critical Criteria:
Look at Revenue Analytics adoptions and define Revenue Analytics competency-based leadership.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Yield Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are assumptions made in Yield Management stated explicitly?
Multifamily Executive Magazine Critical Criteria:
Steer Multifamily Executive Magazine failures and proactively manage Multifamily Executive Magazine risks.
– Who needs to know about Yield Management ?
Multi-family residential Critical Criteria:
Talk about Multi-family residential visions and triple focus on important concepts of Multi-family residential relationship management.
– How can you measure Yield Management in a systematic way?
– What about Yield Management Analysis of results?
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences projects and secure Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences creativity.
Loyalty business model Critical Criteria:
Chart Loyalty business model tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Loyalty business model.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Yield Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
Global Distribution System Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Global Distribution System tasks and correct better engagement with Global Distribution System results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Yield Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Luxury vehicles Critical Criteria:
Reason over Luxury vehicles tactics and look in other fields.
– What are the key elements of your Yield Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
High-yield debt Critical Criteria:
Investigate High-yield debt decisions and budget for High-yield debt challenges.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Yield Management processes of our organization?
– Do we monitor the Yield Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
The Coca-Cola Company Critical Criteria:
Pilot The Coca-Cola Company issues and finalize specific methods for The Coca-Cola Company acceptance.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Yield Management project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Yield Management been identified and analyzed?
Pricing power Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Pricing power strategies and summarize a clear Pricing power focus.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Yield Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Yield Management process available?
Financial engineering Critical Criteria:
Pilot Financial engineering tactics and oversee implementation of Financial engineering.
– What vendors make products that address the Yield Management needs?
Behavioral Operations Research Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Behavioral Operations Research governance and test out new things.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Yield Management effort?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Match Dynamic programming planning and describe the risks of Dynamic programming sustainability.
– Why are Yield Management skills important?
Legacy carriers Critical Criteria:
Align Legacy carriers visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Legacy carriers services.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Yield Management values?
Mathematical models Critical Criteria:
Consider Mathematical models strategies and ask questions.
– Think about the functions involved in your Yield Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How will you know that the Yield Management project has been successful?
Control system Critical Criteria:
Investigate Control system adoptions and track iterative Control system results.
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– Is Yield Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Yield Management activities?
– What is a Management Control System?
– What is your quality control system?
Die Zeit Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Die Zeit management and correct Die Zeit management by competencies.
– Which Yield Management goals are the most important?
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Grade Electronic commerce adoptions and get answers.
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
Financial markets Critical Criteria:
Infer Financial markets engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Financial markets.
– Is maximizing Yield Management protection the same as minimizing Yield Management loss?
Supply and demand Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Supply and demand governance and give examples utilizing a core of simple Supply and demand skills.
– Does Yield Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who sets the Yield Management standards?
Car rental Critical Criteria:
Investigate Car rental issues and point out Car rental tensions in leadership.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Yield Management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Yield Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Yield Management External links:
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
“A“4-C” Strategy for Yield Management” by Glenn Withiam
Yield Management Inc – Google+
General Motors External links:
GBodyForum – ’78-’88 General Motors A/G-Body …
Careers with General Motors
Future Vehicles | General Motors
Mass production External links:
Mass Production – Investopedia
Mass production | industry | Britannica.com
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue External links:
EMSR abbreviation stands for Expected Marginal Seat Revenue
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue – TheFreeDictionary
Weighted mean External links:
Statistics – Find the weighted mean – YouTube
Tariff rate, applied, weighted mean, all products (%) | Data
Weighted Mean – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Revenue management External links:
Revenue Management – Revenue Recognition
Revenue Management Essays – ManyEssays.com
fundamentals of revenue management – coursera.org
Backstage pass External links:
Backstage Pass – My Account | Musician’s Friend
A backstage pass to history – CNN
Backstage Pass Tours | Tennessee Aquarium – IMAX Movies
Variable cost External links:
variable cost – Everything2.com
What is a variable cost? definition and meaning
What is a variable cost? — AccountingTools
Experimental economics External links:
Experimental Economics – Springer
Experimental economics (eBook, 1994) [WorldCat.org]
“Experimental Economics” by Elizabeth Hoffman
Customer satisfaction External links:
Kirkland’s Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Big Lots! Customer Satisfaction Survey
McDVoice.com – McDonald’s Customer Satisfaction …
Inventory control External links:
Multichannel Inventory Control Software | Ecomdash
Inventory Control Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Inventory control (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Neural network External links:
Neural Network Console
How to build a Recurrent Neural Network in TensorFlow (1/7)
Algorithmic pricing External links:
Which companies use dynamic algorithmic pricing? – …
Algorithmic Pricing Is Creating An Arms Race On …
Planning horizon External links:
Planning horizon financial definition of Planning horizon
Financial Planning Horizon | Social Security Choices
[PDF]Financial Planning Horizon: A Measure of Time …
Yield Management External links:
“A“4-C” Strategy for Yield Management” by Glenn Withiam
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
Yield Management Inc – Google+
Price discrimination External links:
Price Discrimination Flashcards | Quizlet
3 Types of Price Discrimination | Chron.com
Price Discrimination | Intelligent Economist
National Railway External links:
Baltimore Chapter, National Railway Historical Society – …
Canadian National Railway Company Common Stock …
American Airlines External links:
flight status information – American Airlines
American Airlines – Login
Pilot Credentials | American Airlines
Hospitality industry External links:
[PDF]Hospitality Industry – New York
What is the Hospitality Industry? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Frequent flier External links:
Best Ways to Use Frequent Flier Miles – Entrepreneur
Maximize Your Travel Points & Frequent Flier Miles
Net profit External links:
Municipal Net Profit Tax
Gross Profit Vs. Net Profit | Chron.com
Net Profit Margin – Formula and Calculator
National Car Rental External links:
National Mobile App – National Car Rental
National Car Rental Coupons: Save $40 w/ Jan. 2018 …
15% Off National Car Rental Coupons & Codes – January 2018
United Parcel Service External links:
United Parcel Service, Inc. – UPS – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Working at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
United Parcel Service Inc. – The New York Times
Vertical bar External links:
Regex Tutorial – Alternation with The Vertical Bar
Forged Vertical Bar Large Sconce – Hubbardton Forge
Where Is The Vertical Bar “|” On My Keyboard? – atlas.ti
Deutsche Bahn External links:
Deutsche Bahn – Frankfurt/Main Region – YouTube
Deutsche Bahn – discover Germany and Europe by rail!
Variable pricing External links:
Variable pricing — AccountingTools
Definition of “Smoothing” or “Variable Pricing” | Chron.com
2018 Season Ticket Variable Pricing | MLB.com
Fixed price External links:
MO Fixed Price Vehicles
Payment Options and Fixed Price Program – West Oil …
Point of interest External links:
Point of Interest Data | MapQuest for Business
point of interest – Thesaurus.com | Synonyms and …
Revenue Analytics External links:
Revenue Analytics – Official Site
15 Revenue Analytics reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Retail Sales Forecasting Software | Revenue Analytics
Multifamily Executive Magazine External links:
Mind Power | Multifamily Executive Magazine | …
Subscribe or Renew Multifamily Executive Magazine …
Multifamily Executive Magazine: Best Reuse of Land, …
Loyalty business model External links:
Loyalty Business Model | Global Marketing Montreal
loyalty business model | Adrian Swinscoe
Global Distribution System External links:
Global Distribution System – hotelogix.com
What is a GDS (Global Distribution System)?
Ingresso – the Global Distribution System for entertainment
Luxury vehicles External links:
New GMC Denali Luxury Vehicles | Luxury Trucks and SUVs
The Coca-Cola Company External links:
Careers at The Coca-Cola Company
BGCA – The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company : Login
Financial engineering External links:
Financial Engineering and Risk Management Part I | Coursera
Financial engineering (Book, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
Behavioral Operations Research External links:
behavioral operations research Pictures, Images & …
http://photobucket.com/images/behavioral operations research
Dynamic programming External links:
Introduction to Dynamic Programming
algorithm – What is dynamic programming? – Stack Overflow
[PDF]A CHILD’S GUIDE TO DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING
Mathematical models External links:
Mathematical Models – Math Is Fun
New mathematical models could help solve few-body …
Control system External links:
Overview of U.S. Export Control System – State
Home | California Poison Control System | UCSF
Die Zeit External links:
Für dich dreh ich die Zeit zurück (TV Movie 2017) – IMDb
DIE ZEIT (@DIEZEIT) | Twitter
Inu Yasha Opening 1~Fliegt durch die Zeit (Deutsch …
Electronic commerce External links:
Barnes & Noble Electronic Commerce
Electronic Commerce – ec-processing.com
[PDF]Navy Electronic Commerce Online
Supply and demand External links:
Law Of Supply And Demand Definition – Investopedia
Law of Supply and Demand: Basic Economics – Investopedia
supply and demand Flashcards | Quizlet
Car rental External links:
National Car Rental – Official Site
Car Rental Locations – Enterprise Rent-A-Car