What is involved in Solution Selling
Find out what the related areas are that Solution Selling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Solution Selling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Solution Selling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Solution Selling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Solution Selling related domains to cover and 102 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Solution Selling, Affiliate network, Business model, Buying center, Customer requirement, Decision making unit, Electronics, Henning Kagermann, Intellectual property, Promotion, Prospecting, Return on Investment, Sales process, Sales training, Salesperson, Value added selling, Value proposition, Wang Laboratories, Win-win, Xerox Corporation:
Solution Selling Critical Criteria:
Group Solution Selling tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Solution Selling relationship management.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Solution Selling? There might be some that are less obvious?
– In a project to restructure Solution Selling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Think of your Solution Selling project. what are the main functions?
Affiliate network Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Affiliate network adoptions and integrate design thinking in Affiliate network innovation.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Solution Selling agendas for the next 3 years?
– Who will provide the final approval of Solution Selling deliverables?
– Who needs to know about Solution Selling ?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Business model decisions and summarize a clear Business model focus.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Solution Selling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Solution Selling that make it risky?
– How do we know that any Solution Selling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Buying center Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Buying center planning and give examples utilizing a core of simple Buying center skills.
– Is there a Solution Selling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How can you measure Solution Selling in a systematic way?
– How would one define Solution Selling leadership?
Customer requirement Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Customer requirement decisions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Customer requirement projects.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Solution Selling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Solution Selling is underway?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Does it increase the risk that the organization cannot meet its customer requirements?
– Are accountability and ownership for Solution Selling clearly defined?
Decision making unit Critical Criteria:
See the value of Decision making unit tasks and catalog what business benefits will Decision making unit goals deliver if achieved.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Solution Selling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Solution Selling process available?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Solution Selling leaders?
– Do we have past Solution Selling Successes?
Electronics Critical Criteria:
Map Electronics issues and change contexts.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Solution Selling with what users do day-to-day?
– Does the Solution Selling task fit the clients priorities?
Henning Kagermann Critical Criteria:
Probe Henning Kagermann visions and probe the present value of growth of Henning Kagermann.
– What is the source of the strategies for Solution Selling strengthening and reform?
– How important is Solution Selling to the user organizations mission?
– How is the value delivered by Solution Selling being measured?
Intellectual property Critical Criteria:
X-ray Intellectual property governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Intellectual property services.
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– What are the key elements of your Solution Selling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– Am I concerned about intellectual property protection and legal issues of my application and data?
– Are there any data with intellectual property (e.g., patent, copyright) concerns with sharing?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Solution Selling objectives?
– Who will own any copyright or intellectual property rights to the data?
Promotion Critical Criteria:
Reason over Promotion issues and adjust implementation of Promotion.
– Do you have written clearance procedures in place regarding use, licensing, and consent agreements for third party content used by you in your products or services and on your website or in your promotional materials?
– Do you see the need for actions in the area of standardisation (including both formal standards and the promotion of/agreement on de facto standards) related to your sector?
– Generating increased purchases or use is also a typical category for consumer promotion objectives in sustaining programs. when do you want to do this?
– Identify the factors that influence the selection of promotion-mix ingredients how do marketers select promotion mix ingredients?
– How does the integrated marketing communications (imc) plan approach differ from traditional approaches to promotion?
– Are there any promotions being done in your local area by government or others that you can take advantage of?
– Is the promotion consistent with the product positioning and other marketing plans?
– Which of the elements of the promotional mix is usually regarded as most credible?
– Which promotional tools would be most effective in our promotional mix?
– Have you identified your Solution Selling key performance indicators?
– Why is promotion particularly effective in positing a product?
– Do we have experlenco with this type of promotion?
– How will the promotion get to the consumer?
– Will the promotion be supported by media?
– What specifically is the promotion to do?
– What is the major role of promotion?
– Sector companies handle promotion?
– What are our Solution Selling Processes?
Prospecting Critical Criteria:
Deduce Prospecting risks and get the big picture.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Solution Selling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is the scope of Solution Selling defined?
Return on Investment Critical Criteria:
Mix Return on Investment management and report on the economics of relationships managing Return on Investment and constraints.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Solution Selling?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Solution Selling ?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
Sales process Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Sales process projects and ask questions.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Solution Selling activities?
– How can the value of Solution Selling be defined?
Sales training Critical Criteria:
Graph Sales training strategies and revise understanding of Sales training architectures.
– How do we Identify specific Solution Selling investment and emerging trends?
– Are there Solution Selling problems defined?
Salesperson Critical Criteria:
Match Salesperson tactics and explain and analyze the challenges of Salesperson.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Solution Selling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Solution Selling project lifecycle?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Solution Selling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is Solution Selling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Value added selling Critical Criteria:
Focus on Value added selling governance and find the ideas you already have.
– Think about the functions involved in your Solution Selling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are current Solution Selling Paradigms?
Value proposition Critical Criteria:
Recall Value proposition planning and differentiate in coordinating Value proposition.
– What is the value proposition for the customer (How well will the product or service solve the problem)?
– What do you really need from your outside partner; what is your value proposition to the client?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– Value proposition – can we create and sustain competitive advantage for this product?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Solution Selling project?
– Quality vs. Quantity: What data are required to satisfy the given value proposition?
– How must our value proposition change to earn greater customer loyalty?
– Quantity: What data are required to satisfy the given value proposition?
– How well is the value proposition of the product defined?
– What Is Your Employee Value Proposition?
– What is your present value proposition?
Wang Laboratories Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Wang Laboratories governance and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Solution Selling processes?
– What are our needs in relation to Solution Selling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Solution Selling effort?
Win-win Critical Criteria:
Learn from Win-win planning and devote time assessing Win-win and its risk.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Solution Selling requirements in detail?
– What are the business goals Solution Selling is aiming to achieve?
Xerox Corporation Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Xerox Corporation decisions and research ways can we become the Xerox Corporation company that would put us out of business.
– Are there recognized Solution Selling problems?
– How can we improve Solution Selling?
– What is Effective Solution Selling?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Solution Selling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Solution Selling External links:
Solution Selling: The Ultimate Guide – HubSpot Blog
[PDF]SOLUTION SELLING GUIDE – W. W. Grainger
Solution Selling is Dead. – CBS News
Affiliate network External links:
Affiliate Network | HRCI
DOT818.com: Best Affiliate Network for Financial Products
Affiliate Network – ClickBank
Business model External links:
OneTitle | business model
Example of a Business Model – Plan to Start
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Buying center External links:
SLFCU – Home Buying Center
Business Buying Center Essay – 353 Words – StudyMode
Auto-Buying Center – SEFCU
Customer requirement External links:
Customer Requirement Information – Kansas Wildlife, …
Critical Customer Requirement (CCR) – …
Decision making unit External links:
Decision Making Unit – Marketing Teacher
Henning Kagermann External links:
Listen to Audiobooks by Henning Kagermann | Audible.com
Biography of Henning Kagermann – The Official Board
Intellectual property External links:
Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section …
http://www.justice.gov › … › About The Criminal Division › Sections/Offices
Knobbe Martens Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual Property | DocuSign
Promotion External links:
Title Promotion, why you didn’t get a raise – HRNasty
Titles and Promotions – Fast Company
Asking for a Title Promotion – Should you Take the Risk?
Prospecting External links:
Don’t Have Time for Prospecting? I Call Bullsh*t – HubSpot
Prospecting and Sales Resource Guide Version 2 | VALIC
Fanatical Prospecting | Home | Fanatical Prospecting | …
Return on Investment External links:
4 Ways to Reward Employees and Gain a Return on Investment
How to Calculate a Monthly Return on Investment – Fidelity
Return on Investment ROI Explain Defined Calculated …
Sales process External links:
How To Better Manage Your Sales Process – Entrepreneur
What is a Sales Process? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
The 7 Steps of the Sales Process | The Steady Sales Group
Sales training External links:
%archive_title% | Sales Training Programs | Sales Courses
Top 20 Sales Training Programs, Courses & Seminars in 2017
Most Popular Sales Training Titles: Tom Hopkins …
Salesperson External links:
How to Apply for the Salesperson Exam – CalBRE
Salesperson License REALTOR
Ohio Auto Dealers | Salesperson License
Value added selling External links:
Value Added Selling – jagnet.de
Value Added Selling – goodcents.solutions
Value added selling techniques (Book, 1987) [WorldCat.org]
Value proposition External links:
[PPT]Value Proposition – Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
10 Value Proposition Examples – Plan to Start
What is a value proposition? | Hallmark Abstract LLC
Wang Laboratories External links:
Wang Laboratories Employee Reviews – Indeed.com
Wang Laboratories: From Custom Systems to Computers
Wang Laboratories, Inc, – Scripophily.com
Win-win External links:
Win-Win (Video 2016) – IMDb
Xerox Corporation External links:
Xerox Corporation – The New York Times
Xerox Corporation – XRX – Stock Price Today – Zacks