What is involved in Innovation
Find out what the related areas are that Innovation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Innovation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Disruptive innovation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Disruptive innovation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Innovation related domains to cover and 160 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Innovation, Innovation Union Scoreboard, Web site, Communities of innovation, Global Innovation Index, Electrical filament, Community development, A/B testing, Drug discovery, Consumer demand, Democratic capitalism, Diffusion of innovations, Fairchild Semiconductor, Technological change, Business cycle, Chain-linked model, Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China, Property rights, Harlem Children’s Zone, Freedom of association, Criticism of capitalism, Portuguese inventions, U.S. Patent Office, Creative competitive intelligence, Timeline of Polish science and technology, Bloomberg Innovation Index, Milken Institute, Nobel laureate, Environmental damage, Outcome-Driven Innovation, New Scientist, Creative problem solving, Human Development Innovation Fund, Pharmaceutical innovations, Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Economic bubble, Open Innovations, Environmental protection, Academic perspectives on capitalism, Rule of law, Information revolution, Technological singularity, Timeline of United States discoveries, Capital One, Mobile app, Lisbon Strategy, Labour market flexibility, City of Baltimore, Innovation Time Off:
Innovation Critical Criteria:
Investigate Innovation outcomes and give examples utilizing a core of simple Innovation skills.
– Is one supplier head and shoulders above the rest in terms of the value it provides; including price, innovation, ability to adapt to changing situations, capacity to work with your team, task joint risks, etc?
– How do you measure the Operational performance of your key work systems and processes, including productivity, cycle time, and other appropriate measures of process effectiveness, efficiency, and innovation?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Innovation in a volatile global economy?
– How do we move from reacting to problems to fact-based, systematic evaluation and improvement and organizational learning through innovation?
– To what extent do innovations fail to diffuse because the necessary supportive arrangements could not coalesce?
– Do you see regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements as obstacles for data-driven innovation?
– What are the three most important things we need to focus on to foster innovation?
– How do we enable market innovation while controlling security and privacy?
– What can management do to improve value creation from data-driven innovation?
– Have we built customer-driven innovation into our organization?
– How does technology destiny affect organizational innovation?
– How do we manage Innovation Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Does technological diversification promote innovation?
– What is the newest innovation in online learning?
– How do we foster innovation?
– What are our Innovation Processes?
Innovation Union Scoreboard Critical Criteria:
Reason over Innovation Union Scoreboard risks and cater for concise Innovation Union Scoreboard education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Innovation processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Innovation products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the short and long-term Innovation goals?
Web site Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Web site risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– Users increasingly demand from web sites the ability to get information that is customized to their interests and needs. Many web sites now tailor their content through the use of architectures designed to support multiple audience types, or through technologies that allow users to profile their personal interests. These kinds of sites demonstrate that their designers are sensitive to the fact the users arent all the same. Besides the influence of users, marketing efforts have driven this trend to a large degree: why present general information to the broadest audience (e.g., trying to sell tobacco products to everyone, including the antismoking activists) when you can target information to prequalified market segments (e.g., selling expensive cigars to yuppies)?
– Assuming you are a data controller (someone who collects data; such as through a web site); you are responsible for the safe keeping of that data no matter who is handling it. You are ultimately responsible if a data processor (outsourcer or cloud provider) loses that data. Are you sure of their policies; procedures; and technology to keep it safe?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Is there a difference between the most important audiences (e.g., those who influence funding) and the audiences who will use the web site most frequently?
– What are the key elements of your Innovation performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Some customers call Customer Service. some customers browse our web site. some customers never buy from us again. are we listening to what theyre saying?
– A major challenge in indexing a web site involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
– What are the main obstacles to constructing a Web site with a solid architecture?
– How do you envision the web site one to two years from now?
– What are the short-term goals with respect to the web site?
– How does the web site support your organizational mission?
– How does the web site support the organizational mission?
– How do we encourage consumer participation on web sites?
– Does the business have a web site that is still active?
– Who are the most important audiences for the web site?
– How often do you direct the caller to our web site?
– What are the business goals Innovation is aiming to achieve?
– Can a web site do what a reference librarian does?
– How is the value delivered by Innovation being measured?
Communities of innovation Critical Criteria:
Frame Communities of innovation leadership and optimize Communities of innovation leadership as a key to advancement.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Innovation leader?
– Do we monitor the Innovation decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Global Innovation Index Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Global Innovation Index visions and cater for concise Global Innovation Index education.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Innovation experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does the Innovation task fit the clients priorities?
– Why should we adopt a Innovation framework?
Electrical filament Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Electrical filament adoptions and research ways can we become the Electrical filament company that would put us out of business.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Innovation processes of our organization?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Innovation?
Community development Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Community development projects and raise human resource and employment practices for Community development.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Innovation move?
– Does our organization need more Innovation education?
– How can the value of Innovation be defined?
A/B testing Critical Criteria:
Frame A/B testing engagements and finalize the present value of growth of A/B testing.
– Do those selected for the Innovation team have a good general understanding of what Innovation is all about?
– How do we go about Comparing Innovation approaches/solutions?
– What are current Innovation Paradigms?
Drug discovery Critical Criteria:
Canvass Drug discovery outcomes and point out improvements in Drug discovery.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Innovation agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Innovation activities?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Innovation activities?
Consumer demand Critical Criteria:
Confer over Consumer demand quality and define Consumer demand competency-based leadership.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Innovation is underway?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Innovation values?
– Is Innovation Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Democratic capitalism Critical Criteria:
Discuss Democratic capitalism visions and display thorough understanding of the Democratic capitalism process.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Innovation strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Innovation project manager?
Diffusion of innovations Critical Criteria:
Sort Diffusion of innovations outcomes and catalog what business benefits will Diffusion of innovations goals deliver if achieved.
– Are there Innovation problems defined?
Fairchild Semiconductor Critical Criteria:
Gauge Fairchild Semiconductor quality and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Fairchild Semiconductor.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Innovation leaders?
– How can we improve Innovation?
Technological change Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Technological change adoptions and devise Technological change key steps.
– Does Innovation systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Do we have past Innovation Successes?
– How to Secure Innovation?
Business cycle Critical Criteria:
Analyze Business cycle planning and finalize specific methods for Business cycle acceptance.
– What are all of our Innovation domains and what do they do?
– How can skill-level changes improve Innovation?
– Are there Innovation Models?
Chain-linked model Critical Criteria:
Grasp Chain-linked model planning and triple focus on important concepts of Chain-linked model relationship management.
– To what extent does management recognize Innovation as a tool to increase the results?
– Does Innovation appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How do we go about Securing Innovation?
Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China strategies and triple focus on important concepts of Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China relationship management.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Innovation project?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Innovation?
– Are we Assessing Innovation and Risk?
Property rights Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Property rights visions and find the ideas you already have.
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Innovation. How do we gain traction?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Innovation, including any consulting or professional services?
– Who will own any copyright or intellectual property rights to the data?
Harlem Children’s Zone Critical Criteria:
Design Harlem Children’s Zone planning and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Harlem Children’s Zone.
– Can we add value to the current Innovation decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Freedom of association Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Freedom of association failures and get answers.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Innovation services/products?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Innovation ?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Innovation opportunities costing us money?
Criticism of capitalism Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Criticism of capitalism failures and integrate design thinking in Criticism of capitalism innovation.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Innovation does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Innovation with what users do day-to-day?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Innovation objectives?
Portuguese inventions Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Portuguese inventions failures and handle a jump-start course to Portuguese inventions.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Innovation project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Innovation project lifecycle?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Innovation is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is Innovation Required?
U.S. Patent Office Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze U.S. Patent Office tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Innovation project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Innovation objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who needs to know about Innovation ?
Creative competitive intelligence Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Creative competitive intelligence projects and do something to it.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Innovation requirements in detail?
– Can we do Innovation without complex (expensive) analysis?
Timeline of Polish science and technology Critical Criteria:
Value Timeline of Polish science and technology quality and stake your claim.
– Will Innovation deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the usability implications of Innovation actions?
– Are there recognized Innovation problems?
Bloomberg Innovation Index Critical Criteria:
Read up on Bloomberg Innovation Index engagements and mentor Bloomberg Innovation Index customer orientation.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Innovation?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Innovation process?
– Have all basic functions of Innovation been defined?
Milken Institute Critical Criteria:
Adapt Milken Institute leadership and separate what are the business goals Milken Institute is aiming to achieve.
Nobel laureate Critical Criteria:
Face Nobel laureate issues and triple focus on important concepts of Nobel laureate relationship management.
Environmental damage Critical Criteria:
X-ray Environmental damage engagements and ask questions.
– What are specific Innovation Rules to follow?
Outcome-Driven Innovation Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Outcome-Driven Innovation projects and create a map for yourself.
– Is there any existing Innovation governance structure?
– What is our Innovation Strategy?
New Scientist Critical Criteria:
Powwow over New Scientist projects and find out what it really means.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Innovation delivery for example is new software needed?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Innovation study?
– How to deal with Innovation Changes?
Creative problem solving Critical Criteria:
Categorize Creative problem solving results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Creative problem solving projects.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Innovation process?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Innovation Management?
Human Development Innovation Fund Critical Criteria:
Map Human Development Innovation Fund failures and transcribe Human Development Innovation Fund as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Think about the functions involved in your Innovation project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Innovation process?
Pharmaceutical innovations Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Pharmaceutical innovations leadership and find out.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Innovation? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does Innovation analysis show the relationships among important Innovation factors?
– What are the long-term Innovation goals?
Federal Ministry of Education and Research Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Federal Ministry of Education and Research risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
– Is Innovation dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How will you know that the Innovation project has been successful?
– What business benefits will Innovation goals deliver if achieved?
Economic bubble Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Economic bubble risks and gather practices for scaling Economic bubble.
– In a project to restructure Innovation outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Open Innovations Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Open Innovations visions and observe effective Open Innovations.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Innovation processes?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Innovation forward?
Environmental protection Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Environmental protection tasks and get out your magnifying glass.
Academic perspectives on capitalism Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Academic perspectives on capitalism planning and report on setting up Academic perspectives on capitalism without losing ground.
– What will drive Innovation change?
Rule of law Critical Criteria:
Talk about Rule of law decisions and shift your focus.
– Who will provide the final approval of Innovation deliverables?
Information revolution Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Information revolution strategies and summarize a clear Information revolution focus.
– When a Innovation manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Technological singularity Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Technological singularity adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Technological singularity services.
– How do we measure improved Innovation service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why are Innovation skills important?
Timeline of United States discoveries Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Timeline of United States discoveries goals and define what do we need to start doing with Timeline of United States discoveries.
– How can you negotiate Innovation successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How much does Innovation help?
Capital One Critical Criteria:
Scan Capital One planning and report on setting up Capital One without losing ground.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Innovation product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Which customers cant participate in our Innovation domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do we all define Innovation in the same way?
Mobile app Critical Criteria:
Generalize Mobile app planning and test out new things.
– If web or mobile app is used, has the website been developed in accordance with hopkins and or owasp guidance and is the site actively maintained and updated (see hopkins web checklist)?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Innovation?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
Lisbon Strategy Critical Criteria:
Check Lisbon Strategy tasks and shift your focus.
Labour market flexibility Critical Criteria:
Focus on Labour market flexibility goals and spearhead techniques for implementing Labour market flexibility.
– How do we maintain Innovations Integrity?
City of Baltimore Critical Criteria:
Rank City of Baltimore governance and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
Innovation Time Off Critical Criteria:
Guard Innovation Time Off governance and get going.
– Is maximizing Innovation protection the same as minimizing Innovation loss?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Disruptive innovation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Innovation External links:
Center for Court Innovation – Official Site
Innovation Union Scoreboard External links:
Innovation Union Scoreboard 2013 – EUROPA
Communities of innovation External links:
Creating Communities of Innovation – aurp.net
Creating Communities of Innovation | Project Zero
Global Innovation Index External links:
Global Innovation Index | Innovation Feeding the World
Electrical filament External links:
What is an electrical filament – Answers.com
Community development External links:
What is Community Development? | PeerNetBC
Community Development & Revitalization
A/B testing External links:
A/B Testing Software & A/B Testing Tools by Convert.com
VWO A/B Testing and Conversion Optimization Platform
A/B Testing – Optimizely
Drug discovery External links:
DiscoverX Solutions for Drug Discovery
http://In medicine, biotechnology and pharmacology, drug discovery is the process by which drugs are discovered and/or designed. In the past most drugs have been discovered either by identifying the active ingredient from traditional remedies or by serendipitous discovery.
Drug discovery – ScienceDaily
Consumer demand External links:
5 Strategies for Generating Consumer Demand
Meet Consumer Demand For Dairy-Free Food
Consumer demand – Economics Online Home
Democratic capitalism External links:
Safeguarding Democratic Capitalism – Home | Facebook
Inequality and Democratic Capitalism – The Globalist
Irwin Stelzer on strengthening American democratic capitalism
Diffusion of innovations External links:
Diffusion of Innovations, by Everett Rogers (1995)
https://web.stanford.edu/class/symbsys205/Diffusion of Innovations.htm
Diffusion of Innovations – YouTube
Diffusion of innovations theory – IS Theory
Fairchild Semiconductor External links:
Fairchild Semiconductor – SourceWatch
225 Fairchild Semiconductor reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Technological change External links:
Is Technological Change In Medicine Worth It? | Health Affairs
Business cycle External links:
What Are the Phases of the Business Cycle? – ThoughtCo
iM’s Business Cycle Index | iMarketSignals
The Business Cycle Flashcards | Quizlet
Property rights External links:
Property rights are theoretical socially-enforced constructs in economics for determining how a resource or economic good is used and owned. Resources can be owned by (and hence be the property of) individuals, associations or governments. Property rights can be viewed as an attribute of an economic good.
Protect Your Property Rights | Home Closing 101
Intellectual Property Rights (IPRS) search – cbp.gov
Freedom of association External links:
Immigration and Freedom of Association | Ethics: Vol 119, No 1
[PDF]WORKERS’ RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION …
Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organis…
Criticism of capitalism External links:
Criticism of capitalism
http://One of the main modern criticisms to the sustainability of capitalism is related to the so-called commodity chains, or production/consumption chains. These terms refer to the network of transfers of materials and commodities that is currently part of the functioning of the global capitalist system.
Portuguese inventions External links:
Portuguese inventions – Revolvy
Portuguese inventions – YouTube
U.S. Patent Office External links:
U.S. Patent Office – The New York Times
Creative competitive intelligence External links:
Creative Competitive Intelligence | Tulsa City-County Library
Bloomberg Innovation Index External links:
Bloomberg Innovation Index Report
The Bloomberg Innovation Index – Bloomberg Business
Milken Institute External links:
For Candidates — IFC-Milken Institute Capital markets …
MENA Summit 2018 | Milken Institute
Nobel laureate External links:
Liu Xiaobo, Chinese dissident and Nobel laureate, dies – CNN
Environmental damage External links:
Free environmental damage Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
Environmental Damage – Van Ameyde Marine
Outcome-Driven Innovation External links:
The Outcome-Driven Innovation Process – Overview – …
Jobs-to-be-Done + Outcome-Driven Innovation
What Customers Want: Using Outcome-Driven Innovation to Create Breakthrough Products and Services [Anthony Ulwick] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on …
New Scientist External links:
New Scientist – Everything2.com
New scientist. (Journal, magazine, 1971) [WorldCat.org]
New scientist. – London (Journal, magazine) [WorldCat.org]
Creative problem solving External links:
[PDF]CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING – HOSA
Creative Problem Solving Games | MathPlayground.com
Creative Problem Solving – Creative Education Foundation
Human Development Innovation Fund External links:
Round 3 – Human Development Innovation Fund (HDIF)
Human Development Innovation Fund – Venture Capital for …
Pharmaceutical innovations External links:
Pharmaceutical Innovations, INC – Products
Product Groups | American Pharmaceutical Innovations …
Pharmaceutical Innovations Association of America
Federal Ministry of Education and Research External links:
Federal Ministry of Education and Research – BMBF
Economic bubble External links:
Tulip Mania: The First Economic Bubble – YouTube
Economic bubble Definition – NASDAQ.com
Environmental protection External links:
New York City Department of Environmental Protection – …
United States Environmental Protection Agency | US EPA
Florida Department of Environmental Protection – …
Rule of law External links:
“The Outer Limits” Rule of Law (TV Episode 2001) – IMDb
[PDF]The Rule of Law as a Law of Rules – JSTOR
The Rule of Law (2012) – IMDb
Information revolution External links:
Information Revolution Timeline by Nick Stoffel on Prezi
Technological singularity External links:
The Technological Singularity | The MIT Press
Technological Singularity – YouTube
Timeline of United States discoveries External links:
Timeline of United States discoveries – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Timeline of United States discoveries
Capital One External links:
Welcome to Capital One Card Services
Auto Loan Refinancing from Capital One
Mobile app External links:
Your Personal Guide to Dress Better | Cladwell Mobile App
What is mobile app? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Mobile App Service | Microsoft Azure
Labour market flexibility External links:
May defends labour market flexibility in gig economy
Types of labour market flexibility – YouTube
NOAM CHOMSKY Labour market flexibility (THE …
City of Baltimore External links:
City of Baltimore – Calendar
Kaiser Permanente® | Home | City of Baltimore
City of Baltimore Consent Decree
Innovation Time Off External links:
Innovation Time Off – ShiftBase Guides