What is involved in Digitalization
Find out what the related areas are that Digitalization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Digitalization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Digitalization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Digitalization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Digitalization related domains to cover and 131 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Digitalization, Book scanning, Digital data, Beyond Good & Evil, CAT scan, Digital reformatting, Internet Archive, Cambridge Digital Library, Digital Library, Number system, Digital preservation, Motor vehicle, Analog signal, Library of Congress, DA conversion, Newspaper digitization, Sampling frequency, Digitalization, Photographic slide, Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica, British Library, Google Book Search, Image sensor, Digital audio, International Organization for Standardization, Image scanner, Geographic information system, Dunhuang manuscripts, Graphics pipeline, Graphics tablet, National Library of Australia, Vector graphics, Brittle Books Program, Sound recording and reproduction, Internet Movie Database, 3D modeling, Machine embroidery, Electronic map, Digital camera, Pixels per inch, International Dunhuang Project, American Memory, Sampling rate, Image resolution, Raster graphics, Raster to vector, Frame grabber, 3D scanner, Digital transformation:
Digitalization Critical Criteria:
Steer Digitalization failures and define what our big hairy audacious Digitalization goal is.
– Think about the people you identified for your Digitalization project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Which customers cant participate in our Digitalization domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is the Digitalization organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Book scanning Critical Criteria:
Meet over Book scanning tactics and point out improvements in Book scanning.
– In the case of a Digitalization project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Digitalization project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Digitalization project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do we manage Digitalization Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How can skill-level changes improve Digitalization?
Digital data Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Digital data tactics and tour deciding if Digital data progress is made.
– Does Digitalization create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Which digital and non-digital data will be stored or archived after the project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Digitalization been identified and analyzed?
– How will non-digital data be preserved, such as field notebooks and maps?
– Is Digitalization Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How should digital data be preserved?
Beyond Good & Evil Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Beyond Good & Evil planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is Digitalization dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Digitalization Management?
– Who sets the Digitalization standards?
CAT scan Critical Criteria:
Review CAT scan failures and acquire concise CAT scan education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Digitalization process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Digitalization process available?
– Why are Digitalization skills important?
Digital reformatting Critical Criteria:
Merge Digital reformatting planning and differentiate in coordinating Digital reformatting.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Digitalization that make it risky?
– What business benefits will Digitalization goals deliver if achieved?
– What are our Digitalization Processes?
Internet Archive Critical Criteria:
Analyze Internet Archive management and stake your claim.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Digitalization project?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Digitalization ?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Digitalization project?
Cambridge Digital Library Critical Criteria:
Dissect Cambridge Digital Library planning and adjust implementation of Cambridge Digital Library.
– What are the key elements of your Digitalization performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Does our organization need more Digitalization education?
– Are there Digitalization Models?
Digital Library Critical Criteria:
Devise Digital Library failures and customize techniques for implementing Digital Library controls.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Digitalization? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does Digitalization analysis show the relationships among important Digitalization factors?
Number system Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Number system issues and cater for concise Number system education.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Digitalization product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Digitalization? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Consult on Digital preservation quality and slay a dragon.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Digitalization?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Digitalization project?
– What will drive Digitalization change?
Motor vehicle Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Motor vehicle leadership and describe the risks of Motor vehicle sustainability.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Digitalization processes?
– How much does Digitalization help?
Analog signal Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Analog signal engagements and balance specific methods for improving Analog signal results.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Digitalization products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do we monitor the Digitalization decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we go about Comparing Digitalization approaches/solutions?
Library of Congress Critical Criteria:
Investigate Library of Congress management and get out your magnifying glass.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Digitalization project manager?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Digitalization?
– Why is Digitalization important for you now?
DA conversion Critical Criteria:
Investigate DA conversion visions and learn.
Newspaper digitization Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Newspaper digitization planning and improve Newspaper digitization service perception.
– Does Digitalization appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Do we all define Digitalization in the same way?
Sampling frequency Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Sampling frequency tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Sampling frequency projects.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Digitalization values?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Digitalization objectives?
– How do we Improve Digitalization service perception, and satisfaction?
Digitalization Critical Criteria:
Shape Digitalization decisions and find answers.
– When a Digitalization manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How is the value delivered by Digitalization being measured?
Photographic slide Critical Criteria:
Chat re Photographic slide management and acquire concise Photographic slide education.
Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica Critical Criteria:
Match Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica projects.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Digitalization, including any consulting or professional services?
– To what extent does management recognize Digitalization as a tool to increase the results?
British Library Critical Criteria:
Guard British Library results and probe the present value of growth of British Library.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Digitalization strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are the usability implications of Digitalization actions?
– Is the scope of Digitalization defined?
Google Book Search Critical Criteria:
Audit Google Book Search planning and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Google Book Search is getting what it needs.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Digitalization activities?
– Can we do Digitalization without complex (expensive) analysis?
Image sensor Critical Criteria:
Derive from Image sensor decisions and sort Image sensor activities.
– Do those selected for the Digitalization team have a good general understanding of what Digitalization is all about?
– Are there recognized Digitalization problems?
Digital audio Critical Criteria:
Discuss Digital audio management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Digital audio services.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Digitalization strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What vendors make products that address the Digitalization needs?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Think about International Organization for Standardization goals and reduce International Organization for Standardization costs.
– Is there any existing Digitalization governance structure?
– What about Digitalization Analysis of results?
Image scanner Critical Criteria:
Debate over Image scanner issues and adopt an insight outlook.
– Among the Digitalization product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Have you identified your Digitalization key performance indicators?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Geographic information system strategies and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Geographic information system services.
– Is a Digitalization Team Work effort in place?
– How can we improve Digitalization?
Dunhuang manuscripts Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Dunhuang manuscripts results and assess and formulate effective operational and Dunhuang manuscripts strategies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Digitalization services/products?
– How do we know that any Digitalization analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Graphics pipeline Critical Criteria:
Dissect Graphics pipeline failures and find out.
– Does Digitalization systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Graphics tablet Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Graphics tablet tactics and look in other fields.
– How do we measure improved Digitalization service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are all of our Digitalization domains and what do they do?
– How do we Lead with Digitalization in Mind?
National Library of Australia Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on National Library of Australia planning and define National Library of Australia competency-based leadership.
– Are accountability and ownership for Digitalization clearly defined?
– Who will provide the final approval of Digitalization deliverables?
Vector graphics Critical Criteria:
Discourse Vector graphics outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the disruptive Digitalization technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Digitalization processes of our organization?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Digitalization leaders?
Brittle Books Program Critical Criteria:
Nurse Brittle Books Program planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Brittle Books Program and constraints.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Digitalization moving forward?
Sound recording and reproduction Critical Criteria:
Use past Sound recording and reproduction decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Sound recording and reproduction relationship management.
– Does Digitalization include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we maintain Digitalizations Integrity?
Internet Movie Database Critical Criteria:
Check Internet Movie Database leadership and customize techniques for implementing Internet Movie Database controls.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Digitalization activities?
– Is Supporting Digitalization documentation required?
– How would one define Digitalization leadership?
3D modeling Critical Criteria:
Reason over 3D modeling management and look in other fields.
Machine embroidery Critical Criteria:
Adapt Machine embroidery failures and pioneer acquisition of Machine embroidery systems.
– Can we add value to the current Digitalization decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Electronic map Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Electronic map visions and pay attention to the small things.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Digitalization opportunities costing us money?
– Do we have past Digitalization Successes?
Digital camera Critical Criteria:
Chat re Digital camera results and devote time assessing Digital camera and its risk.
Pixels per inch Critical Criteria:
Coach on Pixels per inch quality and describe the risks of Pixels per inch sustainability.
– How do we Identify specific Digitalization investment and emerging trends?
International Dunhuang Project Critical Criteria:
Debate over International Dunhuang Project governance and get the big picture.
– What are the short and long-term Digitalization goals?
– How to deal with Digitalization Changes?
American Memory Critical Criteria:
Grasp American Memory tasks and intervene in American Memory processes and leadership.
Sampling rate Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Sampling rate visions and learn.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Digitalization?
Image resolution Critical Criteria:
Start Image resolution decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Image resolution projects.
– What threat is Digitalization addressing?
Raster graphics Critical Criteria:
Derive from Raster graphics failures and arbitrate Raster graphics techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Consider your own Digitalization project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Digitalization process?
Raster to vector Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Raster to vector tactics and pioneer acquisition of Raster to vector systems.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Digitalization does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Digitalization into the services that we provide?
Frame grabber Critical Criteria:
Chat re Frame grabber issues and innovate what needs to be done with Frame grabber.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Digitalization process?
3D scanner Critical Criteria:
Learn from 3D scanner tactics and define what our big hairy audacious 3D scanner goal is.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Digitalization with what users do day-to-day?
– Which Digitalization goals are the most important?
Digital transformation Critical Criteria:
Trace Digital transformation issues and overcome Digital transformation skills and management ineffectiveness.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Digitalization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Book scanning External links:
Book Scanning | The New York Public Library
Digital data External links:
Larimer County GIS Digital Data | Larimer County
Digital Data Loggers – California Vaccines for Children (VFC)
[PDF]Analog Transmission of Digital Data: ASK, FSK, PSK, …
CAT scan External links:
Prostate Cancer CAT Scan – WebMD
CT Scan (CAT Scan): How Do They Work? – Medical News To…
MRI vs CAT Scan, what’s the difference? – ShareFile
Digital reformatting External links:
[PDF]Selection Criteria for Digital Reformatting
Analog to Digital Reformatting | Rutgers University Libraries
Digital Reformatting and File Management – YouTube
Internet Archive External links:
Internet Archive – Official Site
Marxists Internet Archive
Internet Archive: Wayback Machine
Cambridge Digital Library External links:
Cambridge Digital Library · University of Minnesota Libraries
Cambridge Digital Library – University of Cambridge
Cambridge Digital Library – University of Cambridge
Digital Library External links:
Navy Digital Library
Maryland’s Digital Library – OverDrive
AHEC Digital Library
Number system External links:
Payment Services/Texas Identification Number System (TINS)
The Number System – Common Core State Standards Initiative
Binary Number System – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Digital preservation External links:
EGangotri Digital Preservation Trust – Home | Facebook
Harvard Library Preservation, Digital Preservation Services
Team Digital Preservation and the Deadly Cryptic …
Motor vehicle External links:
– Motor Vehicle License
ND DOT Motor Vehicle Registration Renewal System
Motor Vehicle – Tennessee
Analog signal External links:
Absolute Process Instruments – Analog Signal …
4-20mA Analog Signal Splitter | 4-20ma Signal Splitter | ASI
ASG | Kele Handheld Portable Analog Signal Generator | Kele
Library of Congress External links:
The Library of Congress – Home | Facebook
DA conversion External links:
.:FFS TechNet : ITR 5-lug EF/DA Conversion – F F SQUAD
Newspaper digitization External links:
Veridian newspaper digitization services, digital collections
Sampling frequency External links:
What Do ‘Sampling Frequency’ and ‘Bit Rate’ mean? MP3 …
What is the sampling frequency of a human eye? – Quora
How to Calculate Sampling Frequency | eHow
Photographic slide External links:
The Evil Within 2 All Photographic Slide Locations – YouTube
Royalty Free Photographic Slide Pictures, Images and …
Photographic Slide Videos and B-Roll Footage | Getty Images
Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica External links:
Newton Papers : Philosophiæ naturalis principia mathematica
Philosophiæ naturalis principia mathematica By Sir Isaac Newton, Thomas Leseur, François Jacquier
Newton Papers : Philosophiæ naturalis principia mathematica
British Library External links:
British Library Newspapers: Part II: 1800-1900 – Gale
Catalogues and Collections – The British Library
British Library | library, United Kingdom | Britannica.com
Google Book Search External links:
Google Book Search | The New York Public Library
Image sensor External links:
α7R III with back-illuminated full-frame image sensor – Sony
CMOS Image Sensor: Electrical & Test Equipment | eBay
Amazon.com : DBPOWER N6 4K Touchscreen Action Camera, 2.31″ LCD Touchscreen 20MP Sony Image Sensor 170° Wide-Angle Waterproof WiFi …
Digital audio External links:
5280 Digital Audio Video System Integrators – Official Site
Free Shipping on orders over $35. Buy @.com TOSLINK, 6′ Digital Audio Optical Cable at Walmart.com
Digital Audio Cables & Connectors – Best Buy
http://www.bestbuy.com › … › A/V Cables & Connectors
International Organization for Standardization External links:
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Image scanner External links:
What is Image Scanner? – Definition from Techopedia
Buy Epson WorkForce DS-30 Portable Document & Image Scanner: Everything Else – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Geographic information system External links:
GIS – Geographic Information System – Rockingham County …
Geographic Information System – Randolph County, NC
Geographic Information System (GIS)
Dunhuang manuscripts External links:
[PDF]The Dunhuang Manuscripts Project: Reaping the …
Digitization of a Dunhuang manuscript. The Dunhuang manuscripts are a cache of important religious and secular documents discovered in the Mogao Caves of Dunhuang, China, in the early 20th century.
Graphics pipeline External links:
“The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline” by Richard Thomson – …
WebGL Graphics Pipeline – tutorialspoint.com
Jim Blinn’s Corner: A Trip Down the Graphics Pipeline (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics) [Jim Blinn] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers.
Graphics tablet External links:
Wacom Tablet vs. Huion Graphics Tablet: Can a cheap …
Drawing Pad for Computer | Digital Graphics Tablet
Buy Huion H610PRO Painting Drawing Pen Graphics Tablet: Graphics Tablets – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
National Library of Australia External links:
National Library of Australia – YouTube
National Library of Australia – Home | Facebook
National Library of Australia – Official Site
Vector graphics External links:
Vector Graphics, Clip Art and Stock Illustrations | iStock
What is vector graphics? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Best Vector Graphics Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Brittle Books Program External links:
brittle books program Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
http://photobucket.com/images/brittle books program
Brittle Books Program – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Brittle Books Program&item_type=topic
Sound recording and reproduction External links:
Sound recording and reproduction | Lemelson Center for …
Internet Movie Database External links:
Internet Movie Database – Quora
Internet Movie Database • r/imdb – reddit
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) – Home | Facebook
3D modeling External links:
Best 3D Modeling Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
3D Modeling Software | Free Resources & Apps | Autodesk
Vectorworks 2018 Design Software | 3D Modeling & 2D …
Machine embroidery External links:
In the Hoop Machine Embroidery Designs Embroidery Garden
EmbroideryDesigns.com – Machine Embroidery …
Machine Embroidery Designs – Downloadable ITH Patterns
Electronic map External links:
Electronic Map Cabinet Replaces Inefficient Map Files
e-WALL : PSU ELECTRONIC MAP WALL
Buy Humminbird Lakemaster Western States Contour Electronic Map, Black: Marine GPS Chartplotters – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Digital camera External links:
Buy Sony Alpha a7R III Mirrorless Digital Camera (A7R III Body ) features 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor, BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI.
Discover the versatility of the RX0 shockproof and waterproof digital camera. Enjoy super slow motion high-quality images with this ultra-compact camera.
Canon Digital Camera Lenses & Flashes | Canon Online …
Pixels per inch External links:
PPI (pixels per inch) = diagonal resolution in pixels / diagonal size in inches (this is the number advertised as the size of the display)
72 pixels per inch? | Adobe Community
How to Change Pixels per Inch in GIMP – YouTube
International Dunhuang Project External links:
International Dunhuang Project – Roy Rosenzweig Center …
International Dunhuang Project – Home | Facebook
American Memory External links:
American Memory: Remaining Collections
Sampling rate External links:
Changing sampling rate in Audacity – YouTube
Image resolution External links:
Image resolution, file size, picture size and jpg …
Calculate image resolution and pixel density – aqua-calc.com
Raster graphics External links:
USGS – Digital Raster Graphics Program Overview
Raster graphics | computer science | Britannica.com
What is the difference between vector and raster graphics?
Raster to vector External links:
Raster to Vector: Convert JPG, BMP, and More to Vector
Free Online Raster to Vector Converter
$10 Vector Art Services | Raster to Vector Services – …
Frame grabber External links:
Epiphan Frame Grabber
IMPERX VCE-HDPCIe01 Frame Grabber
IMPERX VCE-CLEX01 Frame Grabber
3D scanner External links:
Support | Sense 3D Scanner | Downloads | 3D Systems
Sense 3D Scanner | Features | 3D Systems
HOW TO (video): Xbox 360 KINECT as 3D SCANNER – YouTube
Digital transformation External links:
Dialexa – Digital Transformation Strategy
Cloud Training That Drives Digital Transformation